Personal Injury Lawyers in New York City350 Fifth Avenue, Suite 6705
New York, NY 10118
Based on 1091 Reviews
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 15 Billion+ Won
- 900+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
New York City Personal Injury Lawyer
Proud sponsor of the New York Yankees.
It’s hard to traverse the Big Apple without seeing some sort of advertisement for a personal injury lawyer or a personal injury law firm in New York. “Looking for a personal injury lawyer? Well, we have the best!” can be seen printed on almost every sign. But, if they’re all the best, then how do you know the personal injury lawyer you’re choosing is better than the personal injury lawyer down the block?
Well, the short answer is—you won’t without research. You’ll have to do your due diligence and learn as much as you can about each personal injury lawyer on your list, taking careful note of the experience, reputation, and cost of each option. Not all personal injury law firms are built the same, and if you choose the wrong one, you might find yourself in a situation where you’re unable to recover the full value of your rightfully deserved compensation.
Morgan and Morgan, America’s largest personal injury firm, was started for this very reason. Our founder, John Morgan, hired the wrong personal injury lawyer for his brother, Tim, and was sent on a legal rollercoaster that changed their lives forever. Since then, Morgan and Morgan have fought For the People and recovered more than $15 billion on behalf of those who found themselves in John Morgan’s shoes. With our resources, we can advocate for every penny you deserve even when the odds seem grim, all while keeping your best interest at the forefront throughout the process.
A personal injury lawyer isn’t something you should choose at random, but you’re already on the page of the law firm that can give you the best possible chance of reaching the finish line successfully. It’s never a gamble when you choose us; You know exactly what level of representation you’re getting from day one. If you’re looking for a personal injury lawyer in New York City after an accident you didn’t cause, trust Morgan and Morgan to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Complete our free, no-risk case evaluation to get started.
Estamos aquí en New York City: Vivimos y trabajamos en New York, igual que tú. Nuestro sitio de web en Espańol, abogados.com, ayuda a la población latina de New York. Complete una evaluación de caso gratis hoy.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews
Recent verdicts & settlements
Scroll down for more
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
New York Lawyers
Why Choose a Morgan and Morgan Personal Injury Lawyer?
Insurance companies are businesses, too, and they need to generate a profit in order to keep their doors open. Their business model puts their profit first, and while that benefits them, it can have some very unfavorable consequences if they have to diminish or deny a settlement to protect their financial interests. They might try to deceive you into believing that their offer is the “best” to deter you from teaming up with a personal injury lawyer and learning the truth, so it’s always best to have one at your side before you start this process.
A personal injury lawyer will have seen your situation before and can leverage their experience to increase your probability of success. You don’t want to pay for the damage caused by your accident from your own pocket; that’s why you’re searching for a personal injury lawyer in the first place. Other firms often make you choose between the attentive touch of a small personal injury firm and the resources of a corporate giant, but we make it easy for you to get the best of both worlds.
At Morgan & Morgan, we understand how important it is to receive your rightful compensation after an accident. We have offices from coast to coast, with each personal injury lawyer on our team having the resources of America’s largest personal injury firm behind them. We have the capability to hold out when another personal injury lawyer would have to accept the last best offer.
Can I Afford a Personal Injury Lawyer?
You’ve likely heard the stigma that a personal injury lawyer is always expensive to hire. While that’s true for many other personal injury firms, our firm relies on a system that can benefit anyone who has unexpectedly become a victim of negligence. When you team up with a Morgan and Morgan personal injury lawyer, you’ll never pay anything out-of-pocket, and we’re only paid when we win your case. Our contingency fees system not only allows a broader range of victims to afford representation in a time of need, but it eliminates financial status as a barrier between those wronged by negligence and justice for their injuries.
What NYC Neighborhoods Does Morgan and Morgan Serve?
Morgan and Morgan’s personal injury lawyers fight For the People from coast to coast, and we’re happy to provide the New York City Community with comprehensive representation through a personal injury lawyer in the following districts:
- Bayonne (07002)
- Borough Park (11219)
- Brooklyn (11226)
- Brooklyn Heights (11201)
- Brownsville (11212)
- Bushwick (11221)
- Chinatown (10013)
- Dyker Heights (11228)
- East Flatbush (11203)
- East Village (10003)
- Financial District (10005)
- Flatbush (11226)
- Gramercy Park (10003)
- Greenpoint (11222)
- Hoboken (07030)
- Jersey City (07306)
- Kensington (11218)
- Long Island City (11101)
- Maspeth (11378)
- Midtown West (10019)
- New York (10007)
- Park Slope (11215)
- Ridgewood (11385)
- Sunnyside (11101)
- Sunset Park (11220)
- Tompkinsville (10301)
- Union City (07087)
- Weehawken (07087)
- West New York (07093)
- Williamsburg (11211)
How Can a Morgan and Morgan Personal Injury Lawyer Help?
Our New York City office is staffed with personal injury lawyers for anyone who was wronged by the negligence of a third party. Our team goes the extra mile for the clients who depend on them—you can count on it. They’ve seen your situation before and can help you navigate through the process by leveraging years of experience as a personal injury lawyer. A Morgan and Morgan personal injury lawyer will:
- Investigate your situation and determine liability
- Gather and analyze all available evidence (medical records, police reports, eyewitness testimony, etc.)
- Examine the extent of your injuries and other monetary damages
- Negotiate with the insurance company or at-fault party to reach a settlement
- Advocate for your case in the courtroom if no settlement is reached
Not All Law Firms Are the Same. Another personal injury lawyer may claim that they’re the right choice, but there are fewer personal injury lawyers that have seen the inside of a courtroom than you think. When you’re searching for a personal injury lawyer, you’ll want to look at their track record to see if their claims are truthful. At Morgan and Morgan, our settlements and verdicts speak louder than words. A personal injury lawyer on our team is much more likely to recover compensation that exponentially exceeds the pre-trial offer. We know that if they don’t settle, they can expect to see us in court, and no negligent party wants to see a Morgan and Morgan personal injury lawyer on the opposing side of the negotiation table.
What Kinds of Cases Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Handle?
Accident victims will retain a personal injury lawyer to help them escape the liability of an accident that wasn’t their fault. In most situations, sudden accidents are caused by someone’s intentional failure to exercise care or responsibility in a situation where they were legally obligated to do so, otherwise known as negligence. In others, an accident is the result of a third party’s reckless actions, but as long as you weren’t responsible for the accident, then you’re not liable to foot the bill.
If someone’s negligent actions result in harm to a third party, they could be held liable for all the damage and forced to pay for said damage through a lawsuit. An injured individual has the right to pursue legal damages against an at-fault party in most states, but it’s often difficult to approach a situation like this on your own without prior experience. It’s important to retain a personal injury lawyer sooner rather than later to ensure you’re taking the necessary steps to guarantee success. Teaming up with a personal injury lawyer can also help you tackle legal challenges and sidestep hurdles along the way, allowing you to reach a settlement that fully compensates you for the damage with ease.
Some common cases where you should retain a personal injury lawyer are:
- Car Accidents: The open road is home to many hazards, but a personal injury lawyer has your back if you fall victim to one of them.
- Truck Accidents: Much like car accidents, a truck accident can quickly unfold on the road ahead of you and cause you to sustain damage, whether bodily or property. However, the sheer size of most trucks makes them more dangerous than most average motor vehicles—accidents almost always require a personal injury attorney with an elevated risk of damage.
- Workers’ Compensation: A workplace accident or occupational injury is stressful and complicated. But, with a personal injury lawyer by your side, the process of collecting your rightful workers’ compensation becomes much easier.
- Medical Malpractice: The medical professionals in charge of our care are both morally and legally obligated to act with a reasonable level of care. If they don’t, a personal injury lawyer can help you hold them accountable.
- Slip and Fall: Property owners, landlords, and business proprietors all have a legal duty to maintain safe premises for anyone who traverses the area. Unkempt grounds can lead to injuries of all forms. If you find yourself injured as a result of negligent premises liability, a personal injury attorney can assist you in recovering damages.
- Wrongful Death: Wrongful deaths are never easy. Although you might not think of retaining a personal injury lawyer immediately, their involvement can significantly improve your odds of recovering the compensation necessary to move on from the situation when you’re ready.
- Product Liability: The products we find on store shelves aren’t always as safe as we assume. Anyone injured by a dangerous or defective product should retain an attorney sooner rather than later to ensure they won’t have to pay for the damage.
There are many other situations where third-party negligence can cause you harm. If your situation isn’t listed above and if you’re unsure whether you qualify for the assistance of a personal injury lawyer, contact us today for more information about your eligibility.
When Should You Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer?
You should seek medical attention after an accident of any caliber, regardless of how minimal the damage is. Some accident victims sustain internal injuries or damage that won’t affect them until later down the line. By visiting a trained medical professional and undergoing a comprehensive evaluation, you can potentially mitigate future pain and save yourself from suffering. Their records will also serve as a list of damages for your personal injury lawyer to seek recovery for later on in the process.
Many accident victims are reluctant to retain a personal injury lawyer because they believe their injuries are minor or that they can handle the legal proceedings on their own. However, this is essentially a gamble, as you never know what kind of challenges you’ll encounter 5, 10, or 25 years later. Hiring a personal injury lawyer isn’t recommended for just any reason; it’s an investment in your future. It’s best to ensure that you’re on the path to success, so don’t just contact a personal injury lawyer at any time. Make the call sooner rather than later—you’re more than likely to be happy you did.
Can You Sue for Personal Injury?
Personal injury falls under civil litigation. While that’s different from criminal law, it still allows you to take action against a negligent or reckless party who caused you harm. You can retain a personal injury lawyer to assist you in recovering damages, but each case will yield different results. The specific damages you’ll seek alongside your personal injury lawyer will depend on the severity of your damage(s), the situation surrounding your case, and the experience of the personal injury lawyer who represents you.
Here are a few of the most common damages sought for recovery:
- Medical expenses(past, future, and ongoing treatment/prescriptions)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress/mental anguish
- Lost wages/future anticipated earnings
- Loss of companionship
- Funeral expenses (in the case of wrongful death)
A personal injury lawyer has the burden to prove two legal concepts before you can recover your compensation: the suspected party acted negligently, and their actions directly resulted in your situation. Not every law firm can pull this off successfully, as it requires negotiation skills, extensive legal knowledge, and the ability to discover evidence that increases your probability of success. Morgan and Morgan, on the other hand, possesses all of these necessary characteristics, and we have a proven track record of achieving settlements and verdicts that surpass pre-trial offers by millions of dollars.
What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Do for You?
A personal injury lawyer is there to help you hold the person or organization responsible for your harm accountable for their wrongdoing. They assist car accident victims who receive lowball offers, employees of companies that wrongfully deny their workers’ compensation, and patients who find themselves more injured after undergoing routine surgery, amongst many others. The involvement of a personal injury lawyer has many benefits, but here are a few of the most notable:
- Providing advice and pursuing every type of damage you’re entitled to: A proficient personal injury attorney has the ability to leverage their experience to advise you on the damages you can seek for recovery. They’ll advise you on ways to maximize the results, and once you’re ready to pursue legal action, they’ll advocate for each damage relentlessly.
- Employing the most effective legal strategies and tactics on your behalf: If a personal injury lawyer has seen your situation before, they’re more likely to understand the legal process well enough to increase your probability of reaching a successful outcome. If the opposing party attempts to diminish or deny your recovery, your personal injury lawyer should be able to sidestep the legal hurdle using their arsenal of legal tools and experience.
- Handle the legal proceedings while you focus on your physical recovery: Accidents are stressful, and if you’ve sustained an injury, they also come with a recovery time. Many accident victims find it difficult to handle the complexities of the legal process while also trying to recover from their bodily harm. But, with the help of a personal injury lawyer, you can take a side seat to the legal side of your accident and take some time for yourself.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer at Morgan and Morgan’s New York City Office
In the most difficult moments of your life, Morgan and Morgan has your back. You’re likely wondering, “Why should I pay for an accident I didn’t cause?”—and you’re right—you shouldn’t have to. Accidents happen, but the consequences are all the more severe if the situation unfolds because of someone else’s negligence. With a personal injury lawyer from our New York office at your side, you give yourself a much better chance of holding the at-fault party accountable and, more importantly, recovering the compensation necessary to return to your normal life.
With $15 billion recovered since our inception, decades of experience behind us, and the dedication to never settle for less than you deserve, you can trust Morgan and Morgan to deliver the best results after an accident you didn’t cause.
Complete our free, no-obligation case evaluation today to speak with a personal injury lawyer on our team.
¿Usted tiene preguntas acerca de su caso en español?
Los abogados de lesiones personales de Morgan & Morgan entendemos lo importante que es resolver todas sus preguntas legales en el idioma en el que usted pueda entender mejor. Por eso contamos con una sección de Preguntas Frecuentes en nuestra página de abogados.com. Recuerde que en caso de ser victima de un accidente y necesitar ayuda legal, usted cuenta con los abogados de Morgan & Morgan. Siendo el bufete de abogados de lesiones personales más grande de los Estados Unidos, contamos con los recursos y la experiencia que usted necesita para defender sus derechos. ¡La justicia es derecho de todos!