Dealing With Building Collapse in New York City350 Fifth Avenue, Suite 6705
New York, NY 10118
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
New York City Dealing With Building Collapse
New York City is home to some of the most iconic buildings in the world—but sometimes even the mightiest structures can fall. A building collapse in New York City can be caused by a wide range of factors, from natural disasters to construction defects.
Regardless of the cause, building collapses can be incredibly devastating, both to those directly affected by the collapse and to their loved ones. Our team of expert attorneys at Morgan & Morgan is here to help.
With years of experience handling building collapse cases, we have the knowledge and expertise needed to fight for your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
What Are the Most Common Causes of Building Collapse in New York City?
New York City is no stranger to building collapses. In fact, some of the most tragic incidents in recent history have happened in the Big Apple, from the collapse of the World Trade Center to the sudden collapse of an apartment building in Harlem.
If you or a loved one has been affected by a building collapse in New York City, the first step is to understand what may have caused the collapse in the first place. Some of the most common causes of building collapse in New York City include:
- Natural disasters: New York City may not be located in a particularly earthquake-prone area, but that doesn't mean it's immune from other types of natural disasters. Major storms, like Hurricane Sandy, can cause serious damage to buildings and even lead to collapse.
- Construction defects: As one of the most densely populated cities in the world, New York City is constantly in a state of construction. Unfortunately, this means that mistakes can happen—mistakes that can lead to building collapses down the line.
Structural damage: Over time, even the sturdiest buildings can develop cracks, rust, and other forms of damage. If these issues aren't addressed, they can lead to structural failure and collapse.
Injuries Often Seen After Building Collapse Incidents
Some of the most common injuries seen after building collapses include:
- Traumatic brain injuries: These are some of the most serious injuries that can result from a building collapse. If a person's head is struck during the incident, they may suffer from long-lasting cognitive and physical deficits.
- Broken bones: The force of a building collapse can be immense, and it's not uncommon for victims to suffer from broken bones as a result. This can also happen as a result of falling debris.
Spinal cord injuries: The sudden force of a building collapse can also cause serious trauma to a person's spinal cord, leading to lifelong paralysis and other health issues.
Choose Morgan & Morgan As Your Building Collapse Lawyer in the Big Apple
So what can you do if you or a loved one has been affected by a building collapse in New York City? The first step is to find a reliable legal team to help you fight for your rights. That's where Morgan & Morgan comes in.
With over 1,000 lawyers nationwide, our team has the ability to bring unprecedented resources and knowledge to your case.
When it comes to building collapse cases in New York City, there's really no other option. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and find out how we can start fighting for your rights.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews