An apartment fire in Wichita, Kansas injured one person on Sunday morning, KAKE reported. The fire happened at an apartment on E. Douglas Ave. and N. Estelle St. around 9:15 a.m. By 9:28, the fire was under control. Douglas was closed between Grove and Hillside in both directions as fire crews conducted their investigation.
An apartment fire can be a devastating experience. One’s possessions go up in smoke, and a personal injury suffered in a fire can keep a person from work and family obligations. On top of the bills that can pile up for emergency care, medical treatments, and physical therapy, the injured party may not be able to sustain a source of income due to the injury.
When it comes to apartment fires, there are many culprits who might be liable for damages. If the fire was the result of faulty gas lines or wiring, the landlord or energy company may be responsible for paying damages to the victims. In other cases, the negligence of another tenant may be responsible.
Whatever the fire’s cause, those injured may be entitled to damages resulting from the fire. This may include compensation for hospital visits, treatments, therapies, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Recovering this compensation, however, is not something most people can do on their own. Landlords and energy companies have insurance companies that may try to deny valid claims via complex legal maneuvering.
At Morgan & Morgan, we have seen it all before. With over 30 years of experience handling personal injury cases, we have seen every tactic the insurance companies tried to use to shortchange our clients. We know their tricks, and we have the track record to prove it: more than $5 billion in damages recovered for our clients.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a fire, contact Morgan & Morgan to get the money you need to recover. Fill out a free case evaluation to get started. There’s no obligation, and you don’t pay us a thing unless we win your case.