- $13 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Philadelphia Birth Injury
Childbirth is supposed to be a time of great joy. The last thing new parents want to think about is how the delivery could go wrong; unfortunately, this is the reality that some parents must face. Even worse is the thought that this tragedy could be the result of medical malpractice, and that the health of their baby was jeopardized by a negligent doctor.
Are you a recent parent whose child has exhibited unexplained illness or injuries? Do you think something may have gone wrong in the birthing process? If so, it’s possible that your child suffered from a birth injury—a condition that can bring emotional trauma, debilitating health conditions, and staggering medical bills.
At Morgan & Morgan, we understand how painful birth injuries can be, and we want to help. Our nationwide team of attorneys includes experts in determining whether a newborn’s injury occurred during birth and if negligence played a role. If we uncover neglectful care, we will hold all responsible parties accountable and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today. Your consultation is free, you never pay any out-of-pocket costs for our services, and there’s only a fee if we win your case. Fill out our free, no-risk case evaluation form, and a lawyer will be in touch.
What Causes Birth Injuries?
Birth injuries can occur when medical personnel attempt to intervene in the birthing process but make avoidable errors and do not meet their duty of care. Examples include:
- Improper use of forceps. Using forceps in difficult births must be done with extreme care, as improper use can result in nerve damage and injuries to the baby’s head.
- Delayed order of cesarean birth. Certain medical conditions, such as a sudden drop in blood pressure or internal bleeding, necessitate an immediate C-section procedure. A delayed order to do so can result in serious injuries to the child.
- Improper use of vacuum. Sometimes doctors will use a vacuum to assist in guiding the newborn through the birth canal, but this procedure must be done very carefully. Improper vacuum use can injure both the mother and the newborn child.
- Unnoticed hypoxia. Hypoxia occurs when the unborn child is not receiving enough oxygen, commonly due to a tangled umbilical cord or an infection. Medical practitioners are trained to diagnose and treat this condition immediately. If missed, doctors could be held liable for the child’s injuries, which sometimes result in chronic physical or developmental disabilities.
What Conditions Can Result From Birth Injuries?
Birth injuries caused by negligent medical care can lead to a number of difficult and debilitating health conditions, including:
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb’s palsy
- Dejerine-Klumpke palsy
- Facial paralysis
- Spinal cord damage
- Bone fractures
- Internal bleeding
- Umbilical cord strangulation
How Can I Prove Negligence?
A Morgan & Morgan attorney can provide the vital assistance you need to prove your birth injury occurred as the result of neglectful care. Your lawyer will consult with medical experts and thoroughly review your medical records for evidence, including:
- Diagnostic tests
- Whether birthing tools were used
- Fetal monitoring strips
- Labor and delivery flow sheets
- All available notes on your pregnancy and delivery
Contact Morgan & Morgan
At Morgan & Morgan, we understand the tragic consequences of birth injuries and will do everything in our power to fight for the justice you deserve. You will never be just a number to us; we treat our clients like family and will be on your side for the whole journey.
You may be wondering if you can afford a lawyer. Well, you can always afford to work with Morgan & Morgan because we work on a contingency basis. That means that your consultation is free, you don’t pay a dime out-of-pocket, and there is never a fee at all unless we win your case.
We have been fighting for the People for more than 30 years, and have recovered over $13 billion on their behalf so far. Let us put our experience to work for you.
There’s only one Morgan & Morgan. To find out more, fill out our free, no-obligation case evaluation form today and one of our attorneys will contact you.