Medical Malpractice Attorney in Houston16255 Park Ten Place, Suite 500
Houston, TX 77084
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Houston, TX Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice is a common occurrence – one study found it to be the third-leading cause of death in the United States – but that doesn’t make it excusable. If you or someone you love were a victim, contact Morgan & Morgan.
Our Houston office handles a wide variety of medical malpractice cases. We’re dedicated to getting our clients the best results, no matter what it takes.
Schedule a free, no-risk case evaluation now.
Recent verdicts & settlements
Scroll down for more
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Generally speaking, medical malpractice takes place when a healthcare professional treats a patient in a way that diverges from accepted standards of care, leading to injury for the patient. Victims can sue for damages such as medical costs, lost income, and emotional suffering.
What Are Some Examples of Medical Malpractice?
There are many types of medical malpractice, including:
- Anesthesia Awareness: In general anesthesia, patients are supposed to be unconscious and unaware of all sensations. Anesthesia awareness occurs when a patient regains consciousness during surgery.
- Emergency Room Errors: Medical professionals who work in the E.R. are trained to manage difficult and hectic situations. If a doctor, nurse, surgeon, or other healthcare professional makes an error under these circumstances, it can be costly. This can include medication errors, delayed diagnoses, failure to treat postoperative infections, and neglecting to monitor patients.
- Hospital Malpractice: The hospital may be liable for malpractice in certain cases. For example, if they fail to adequately evaluate a job candidate’s background, the hospital may be legally responsible for any injuries caused by the underqualified staff member.
- Medical Device Errors: Misuse of a medical device can lead to injury, misdiagnosis, or delayed diagnosis, among other health concerns.
- Misdiagnosis: Patients who are misdiagnosed often suffer unnecessary pain and impairments, as well as severe side effects from receiving the wrong treatment.
- Postoperative Negligence: Doctors, nurses, and other medical staff are responsible for monitoring patients after surgery. A failure to do so can lead to a negative outcome for the patient.
How Can Morgan & Morgan Help?
Medical malpractice cases can be complex because they intertwine the law and medicine. You need an attorney who has expertise in both areas. You also need a law firm with the resources to take on virtually any case, no matter how powerful the defendant.
As America’s largest personal injury law firm, you can rest assured that Morgan & Morgan has the infrastructure and know-how to get the best results in your case. Our attorneys will explain your legal options, keep you current throughout the process, and fight tirelessly to protect your rights.
All law firms are not the same. There’s only one Morgan & Morgan.
Contact Our Houston Office
If you were a victim of medical malpractice or know a loved one who was, contact Morgan & Morgan’s Houston office. Our family is here to protect yours in a difficult time.
It costs nothing to hire us, and the initial consultation is always free. Schedule yours today.