Brain Injury Attorney in Houston16255 Park Ten Place, Suite 500
Houston, TX 77084
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Houston, TX Brain Injuries
Brain injuries are a major cause of death and disability for thousands of people each year. In Texas alone, 144,000 people sustain a traumatic brain injury (TBI) each year — that’s one every four minutes.
If you or a loved one have suffered a traumatic brain injury, don’t suffer alone. Our Houston attorneys have decades of experience helping brain injury victims file claims against negligent motorists, doctors, and trucking companies.
At Morgan & Morgan, we’ve helped many brain injury victims recover the compensation they needed to cover their medical expenses and lost wages. While every lawsuit is different, you may be able to recover compensation for economic and non-economic damages, including medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and loss of life’s enjoyment.
We always fight for full and fair compensation, and we’ll fight for yours, too. In times like these, you can count on us.
Our Houston attorneys will help you learn about your legal rights and available avenues for recovering compensation in a brain injury lawsuit. Contact us today.
Recent verdicts & settlements
Scroll down for more
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
How Do I Know If I Have a Brain Injury Claim?
If your brain injury was caused by someone else's negligence, you may have a legal claim. A negligent, reckless, or intentional act of another — such as a careless doctor or a drunk driver — must be the direct cause of your injury.
If another party’s negligence was responsible for your injury, you may be able to recover compensation for economic damages, as well as any intangible losses such as loss of life’s enjoyment. Contact our brain injury lawyers today for a free, comprehensive case review.
What Types of Brain Injury Cases Do Our Attorneys Handle?
Traumatic brain injuries are usually caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This type of injury disrupts the normal function of the brain and can cause impairments related to thinking, memory, movement, sensation, and emotional functioning.
A traumatic brain injury can be caused by a number of accidents. Our Houston brain injury attorneys handle lawsuits involving the following types of accidents:
- Slip-and-falls: Falls are the leading cause of TBI, according to the CDC. Falls make up almost half of all traumatic brain injury-related emergency department visits.
- Vehicle Accidents: The CDC reports that motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of traumatic brain injury-related hospitalizations for people aged 15 to 44 years old.
- Workplace Accidents: If you suffer a brain injury on the job, you may be able to recover compensation through workers’ compensation benefits.
- Acts of Violence: According to the CDC, being struck by or against an object was the second leading cause of traumatic brain injury-related emergency department visits, accounting for about 17% of these visits in the United States, in 2014.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice can occur when a doctor, hospital, or other healthcare provider deviates from the standard of care established by the medical community and causes a brain injury.
- Other Causes: Sports injuries, bicycle accidents, exposure to toxic substances, and defective products can also lead to brain injuries.
Use of Medical Experts in Brain Injury Cases
Our brain injury attorneys work with medical experts who help us demonstrate causation. Causation shows the link between the defendant’s negligence and your injury, and it is one of the most essential elements to prove in a successful negligence suit.
The medical experts we work with will examine your medical records, and compile evidence to show jurors the correlation between the responsible party’s negligence and your brain injury.
In our over 30-year history, our attorneys’ use of expert witness testimony has helped us achieve our many multi-million dollar verdicts.
Contact Morgan & Morgan
Hiring an attorney may give you your best chance at being fully and fairly compensated for your brain injury. At Morgan & Morgan, we believe you deserve nothing less than full justice.
With more than 900 attorneys, we have the resources to take on the biggest bullies in America, and we have a proven track record with over $15 billion recovered for our clients.
If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury, you may be able to file a lawsuit to receive compensation for your losses. Contact our Houston office today and complete our free, no-obligation case review form.