What Do Our Lawyers Do to Help You?
As your attorney, it’s the job of our Morgan & Morgan attorneys to do as much work as possible to prove your case. That involves taking a number of steps to help prove that your injuries were caused by another party’s negligence, recklessness, or malpractice. As part of your lawsuit, your attorney may:
- Investigate the cause of the accident;
- Gather relevant evidence;
- Interview witnesses and healthcare providers;
- Review police and accident reports;
- Take photographs of the scene of the accident and review any available video surveillance footage;
- Obtain all necessary medical evidence to demonstrate the extent of your injuries;
- Deal directly with insurance companies, review settlement offers, and negotiate for a settlement that provides you with appropriate compensation; and
- Prepare your case for trial if settlement negotiations do not result in an offer that adequately compensates you for your injuries.
How Much Can I Get in Compensation?
The purpose of a lawsuit is to provide compensation for the harm you suffered as a result of another’s negligence, recklessness, or malpractice. An injured victim may receive payment from the at-fault party or its insurance company either through a settlement or a jury verdict.
Although every case is different, Morgan & Morgan attorneys have gotten their clients settlements worth well over millions of dollars in the past. One Morgan & Morgan client won over $47 million in damages after a car accident.
Our attorneys may be able to help you recover payment for:
Medical Bills: You can recover compensation for your out-of-pocket medical expenses, as well as any future medical procedures that you may need, including the cost of rehabilitation services or in-home care.
Lost Wages: If you missed work as a result of an accident, you may be able to recover compensation for your lost wages. In addition, if you are unable to perform the essential functions of your job after an accident, you may be able to seek compensation for your inability to make the same living. Our attorneys also work with experts in the Jackson area who may testify as to whether you are able to return to work, as well as the value of your future lost wages.
Pain and Suffering: You may be able to receive compensation for the physical pain, mental anguish, and emotional suffering you have suffered as a result of your injuries. The spouse of a victim may be also able to recover damages for the loss of comfort, affection, love, or other benefits of a relationship.
Punitive Damages: If you were in an accident because of someone else’s recklessness, you may be able to recover punitive damages. Punitive damages are intended to show others that the reckless conduct that led to your accident can be severely punished.
Get Your Free Consultation Today
If you or a loved one was injured because of someone else’s negligence, fill out our case review form for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.