- $ Billion+ Won
- + Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Houston, TX Product Liability
Those who design, manufacture, and sell products have an ethical and legal liability to ensure their product won’t cause harm to the consumers who use them. Unfortunately, dangerous and defective products enter the market every year and cause harm to innocent people. Product liability laws were enacted to hold those at fault accountable for the damage.
If you or a loved one has been harmed by a defective or dangerous product, contact our Houston office today. We understand the price for pain is infinite, which is why we’ll fight for your fair and full compensation.
Schedule a free, no-risk case evaluation today to get started.
An item that has a high probability to cause harm to the user is classified as a defective product. A product can be defective for various reasons, such as:
- Defective Design: A product can be naturally defective due to its design. All products that follow the faulty design will be defective, regardless of the manufacturing process or the user’s actions. For example, the design of an electric blanket causes it to overheat and catch fire.
- Defective Manufacture: Manufacturing errors can cause a product to be defective even if the original design was perfect. All products that are completed using the flawed process will result in a defective product. For example, a forklift is manufactured using weak screws/bolts to attach the wheels. Any forklifts constructed using the same process will contain the same defect.
- Defective Marketing: The product itself can be without flaws, but the advertising can cause consumers to use it in an unsafe way. For example, a car commercial showcases the vehicle being used in an offroad environment when it was never intended to be driven in those conditions.
While the manufacturing process is usually to blame for a dangerous or defective product, it isn’t always that easy. Determining fault in a product liability case can be difficult, so it’s important to have a skilled legal team by your side.
Types of Products
Almost any product that is marketed to consumers has the potential to cause harm due to a defect. This includes products that aren’t sold in the traditional sense and products that are free.
Some examples of tangible products are:
- Vehicle and vehicle parts
- Buildings and building materials
- Food and drink items
- Household items (furniture, appliances, etc)
- Medication and medical equipment
Some examples of intangible products are:
- Internet services and software products
- Utilities (gas, electricity, water, etc)
If a product you purchased or received has caused you harm, you could have grounds for a product liability case. The attorneys of Morgan & Morgan are eager to give your case the attention it deserves and secure your well-deserved compensation.
No Out-of-Pocket Costs
We firmly believe that everyone should be able to afford comprehensive representation, regardless of their financial situation. That’s why we operate on a contingency basis, meaning we only get paid when you do. Our fee comes out of the favorable settlement or jury award, so you never have to pay out of pocket for our assistance. If you or a loved one has been harmed by a defective product, contact our Houston office today.
Fill out a free case evaluation and see why there’s only one Morgan & Morgan.