- $13 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Houston, TX Boating Accidents
When boating season comes along in Houston, there’s nothing stopping anyone in the great state of Texas from taking a boat out on the open water for a relaxing day in the sun. Although boating is typically a fun recreational activity, if you’re not careful while out in the open water, you may find yourself in a dangerous situation that could result in your injury. After a boating accident, you need to know that the law firm you hire will be by your side fighting for you. At Morgan & Morgan, we have over 600 attorneys who aren't afraid to go to trial if that’s what’s necessary to get the best outcome in your case.
If you or someone you know have been involved in a boating accident or have been denied fair compensation from your insurance company, don't settle for less. Contact our Houston office by filling out a risk-free case evaluation form today.
Boating Accident Cases Our Houston Attorneys Handle
Boating accidents can lead to severe and even fatal consequences. When hiring an attorney, you need to make sure they are experienced and highly-trained. Here we've laid out a few of the cases our team has handled.
- Boater Negligence: Actions that constitute boater negligence can include, but are not limited to:
- Not having safety equipment on board
- Colliding with other boats or object(s) in the water
- Overcrowding or loading the vessel past its capacity
- Boating Under the Influence: It’s illegal to operate a boat while intoxicated or under the influence of illegal substances. According to data collected by the U.S. Coast Guard, Texas was among the top five states for boating accidents involving alcohol use in 2019.
- Reckless Boating: It’s illegal in Texas to boat in a willfully or wantonly reckless manner. Examples may include hitting waves or wakes at extreme speeds and boating in restricted areas.
While every case we handle varies, what doesn't change is our ongoing passion to fight For The People. If you believe you or someone you know have been the victim of a boating accident due to one or more of the causes we've mentioned, you may be entitled to compensation. To learn more about how we may be able to help you, we ask that you fill out our online case review form.
How Our Boating Attorneys Can Help You
With over 30 years of experience and as America's largest Injury law firm, Morgan & Morgan has the resources to take on virtually any case. We believe everyone deserves high-quality legal representation, and we make it our goal to get you the best results as quickly as possible. To achieve this goal, our team follows a process when handling cases.
Once you've hired our boating accident attorneys, we'll get straight to work on your case. Your legal team will gather any records directly related to your accident claim. These documents may include but are not limited to; medical records, bills, and your insurance policy information.
While conducting the investigation into your case, our legal staff will dive deeper into the detail of your boating accident to strengthen your claim.
Your boating accident attorney will attempt to negotiate a settlement with the defense outside of the courtroom. If settlement negotiations do not yield the results we are looking for, your attorney will be ready to go to trial to fight for your full and fair compensation.
Contact Our Houston Office For a Free Case Evaluation
Have you or someone you know been involved in a boating accident due to boater negligence, or has your insurance company denied your claim? If so, we urge you to contact our Houston office today by filling out our free, no-obligation case evaluation form. With over 30 years protecting the people, not the powerful, our boating accident attorneys are prepared to fight for your full and fair compensation after your accident.