If you or a loved one was injured due to the negligence of a doctor, hospital or other healthcare provider in the Philadelphia area, the lawyers at Morgan & Morgan can help. With more than 25 years of experience handling medical malpractice lawsuits, our law firm isn’t afraid to take on big-name hospitals or established doctors to get injured patients the compensation they deserve.
While each case is different, our medical malpractice attorneys have helped thousands recover monetary damages for medical bills, lost wages and other losses that they wouldn’t have suffered had it not been for their healthcare provider’s negligence. To see if a lawyer in Morgan & Morgan’s Philadelphia office can help you file a medical malpractice lawsuit, contact us today.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional or facility is negligent in providing care and a patient is injured as a result. Doctors, nurses, nursing home staff members and other medical professionals are required to provide a certain level of care to their patients and can be considered negligent if they fail to meet these standards.
For instance, if one doctor fails to order a standard test that any other doctor in his or her position would have ordered, he or she could be considered negligent. If the patient is injured as a result, the doctor may be legally responsible for medical bills, lost wages and other losses stemming from the patient’s injury.
Cases We Handle
While not every injury or adverse outcome is the result of medical negligence, our lawyers have helped thousands of patients who suffered injuries that could have otherwise been avoided. We handle lawsuits against:
Doctors, including anesthesiologists, general care doctors, specialists, surgeons and others who:
- Failed to properly read a patient’s medical chart or test results
- Prescribed medications that conflicted with other drugs or caused an allergic reaction
- Misdiagnosed an injury or disease or delayed a diagnosis
- Administered too much or too little anesthesia
- Performed the wrong surgery or an unnecessary surgery
- Left a surgical tool in a patient following surgery
Hospitals, whose staff, including nurses, technicians and others:
- Neglected or ignored a patient
- Failed to monitor a patient’s vital signs
- Delayed or failed to treat a patient according to his or her vital signs
- Failed to properly care for a patient following surgery
- Failed to order standard medical tests
Nursing homes that:
- Failed to adequately screen staff members
- Understaffed their facilities
- Failed to adequately monitor their staff, resulting in:
- Emotional, physical or economic abuse or neglect
How Much Does a Lawyer Cost?
At Morgan & Morgan, our lawyers will only collect a fee if they win your case. If your case is successful, your attorney will receive a portion of your final verdict or settlement.
How Much Money Can I Get in a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
By filing a medical malpractice lawsuit, you may be able to seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life. If your case is successful, the amount you recover will depend on a number of specific details, such as:
- The extent of your injuries
- Your age
- Whether you have any dependents
At Morgan & Morgan, we pride ourselves on being a trial law firm that is not afraid to bring our cases to court to get our clients the compensation they deserve. There is a strict time limit for filing medical malpractice lawsuits, however, so do not hesitate to contact us today if you were injured by a doctor, nurse or other medical professional.