Bicycle Accident Attorney in Boston
Legal services in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts are provided by Morgan & Morgan Boston, PLLC.155 Federal Street, Suite 1502
Boston, MA 02110
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
Partnerships with Purpose
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Boston Bicycle Accident Attorney
Bicycle accidents often lead to serious injuries and, sometimes, fatalities. If you or a loved one has been involved in such an accident, help is a free case evaluation away. Our Boston bicycle accident lawyer might be able to take on the other party on your behalf, ensuring that you’re fairly compensated for your injuries and losses. To get started with a free case review, please fill out this form today.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
What Are Bike Laws in Boston?
Bicyclists in Boston and throughout Massachusetts have well-defined bike laws ensuring their safety (and others) on the road. Here’s what you need to know:
- You are entitled to use both bike lanes and regular traffic lanes within the Commonwealth, just like motor vehicles, except limited access highways.
- Bicyclists can signal and execute turns and lane changes, subject to the same rules that apply to motorists.
- Bicyclists are protected by laws that require drivers to maintain a safe passing distance and to be vigilant against accidents.
- You can go right side by side with another bicyclist in Boston, but you must stick to the right plane.
- You can ride your bike on the sidewalk in Boston, but it’s always advisable to use the street whenever possible.
- If you choose to ride on the sidewalk, you must do so carefully, keeping the safety of pedestrians in mind (eBikes are not allowed on the sidewalk anywhere in Massachusetts)
What Parties Can Be Responsible for a Bicycle Accident?
Several parties can be held responsible for bicycle accidents. It all depends on the uniqueness of your case. Here are a few examples:
- Motor vehicle drivers can be liable if they were driving carelessly, distracted, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol, leading to an accident.
- Employers of drivers can also be responsible, particularly if the driver was performing job-related duties at the time of the accident.
- Bicycle manufacturers might be liable if a defect in the bicycle contributed to the accident.
- In cases where poor road conditions like potholes caused the accident, the city or state government responsible for road maintenance could be held accountable.
In some cases, liability can also fall on other cyclists or pedestrians if their actions led to the accident. The best way to establish liability in such a case is by consulting an experienced bicycle accident attorney.
Damages Available in Bicycle Accident Claims
If you’re a bicycle accident victim in Boston, you can claim a range of damages, from economic to non-economic.
Economic damages include quantifiable losses such as medical bills for treatment (current and ongoing), lost wages due to inability to work, loss of earning potential (where applicable), and costs for repairing or replacing the bicycle or any other personal property damaged in the accident.
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, cover the intangible impacts of the accident. These include but are not limited to pain and suffering, emotional distress, and reduced quality of life.
Hire a Morgan and Morgan Bicycle Accident Attorney
Morgan and Morgan handles more injury cases than any law firm in America. If you’ve been hurt in a bicycle accident in Boston, contact us today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. Our bicycle accident lawyer in Boston might be able to represent you.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews