Social Security Disability Attorney in New Albany426 Bank Street, Suite 300
New Albany, IN 47150
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
New Albany, IN Social Security Disability
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) was created to provide financial relief to people unable to work due to injury or illness. However, many applicants who meet the eligibility requirements have their initial application denied.
A denied application isn’t the end of the line. Our team can help guide you through the appeals process so you can recover the compensation you’re entitled to. With over 30 years of experience and more than $20 billion won for our clients, you can rest easy knowing your case is in good hands.
Complete a free, no-risk case evaluation today and see why there is only one Morgan & Morgan.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
How Does the Social Security Administration (SSA) Define Disability?
To qualify for the insurance, you must meet the SSA’s eligibility requirements. You may meet them if you:
- Earn less than $1,260 per month (as of 2020)
- Have restricted ability to do basic work (difficulty in walking, lifting, etc.)
- Have a condition listed on the SSA’s list of disabling medical conditions or one that is similarly serious
- Are unable to perform any of your past work
- Are unable to obtain gainful employment in your field or others
What Is the Appeals Process?
If your claim was initially denied, you can appeal the verdict. This process can be tricky, but if you have skilled representation on your side, we can ease your stress. The appeal process is handled as follows:
- Reconsideration: We can file a reconsideration request to a SSA claims examiner who was not part of the initial verdict.
- Hearing: If the reconsideration request is denied by the examiner, the next step is to request a hearing before a judge. At this point, you may be asked to clarify information about your case or present additional evidence.
- Appeals Council: If the judge rules against your claim, we can seek an appeal from the Social Security Appeals Council. The council will either review your case and make a decision, or they’ll move it to a judge for further review.
- Federal Court: If the council doesn’t rule in your favor, or they choose to not review your case, we can file a lawsuit in federal court. We take more cases to trial than any other personal injury firm, and we intend to fight the same way for you.
Why Morgan & Morgan?
In the most difficult moments of your life, Morgan & Morgan has your back. We understand how it feels to be bullied by a big organization, and want to assist you in the fight for full compensation. Other firms may carry high price tags for their service but, with Morgan & Morgan, it costs nothing up front. We get paid when you do, and our fee comes out of the favorable settlement or jury award, so you pay nothing out of pocket.
How Do I Get Started?
If you or a loved one has had their SSDI application denied despite meeting eligibility requirements, contact our New Albany office today. You shouldn’t have to fight a bully yourself; complete a case evaluation and take the first step towards potential compensation.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews