Ilisha Dowell is an Indiana native who was raised in Gary, Indiana. Prior to joining Morgan & Morgan, Ilisha spent several years as an insurance defense attorney for one of the nation’s largest insurance companies and a well-known insurance defense firm handling automobile accident litigation across the state of Indiana. Ilisha also has experience as a deputy prosecutor and child welfare attorney.
Ilisha graduated from Butler University in 2006 with departmental honors in Sociology and Criminology. At Butler, Ilisha co-founded the Sociology Student Association and earned the Sociology department’s W.E.B. DuBois Award for furthering cultural understanding and social justice. Ilisha earned her law degree from Valparaiso University School of Law in 2010. At Valparaiso, Ilisha earned the distinction of being the first Black woman to serve as Chief Justice of the Moot Court Society and represented the law school as a finalist in two national Moot Court competitions.
Ilisha zealously advocates for her clients and provides exceptional customer service. She believes that everyone deserves justice and the right to be heard. Her practice focuses primarily on automobile accidents.
In her spare time, Ilisha enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling the world, and serving her community.
- College-Butler University
- Law School-Valparaiso University School of Law
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Marion County Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana