- $ Billion+ Won
- + Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Houston, TX Spinal Cord Injuries
Of all the injuries that an accident can cause, spinal cord injuries (SCIs) are among the worst. Damage to the spine can have life-long consequences including pain, loss of strength, decreased mobility, and, for some, complete paralysis.
Compounding matters is the issue of medical costs. SCIs can demand years (and sometimes a lifetime) of costly rehabilitation. Many injury victims cannot meet this financial burden, and either find themselves unable to pay or saddled with unmanageable medical debts.
There are approximately 12,500 new cases of SCI every year in the United States. For those whose injuries were the result of negligence, there is hope. At our Houston Morgan & Morgan office, we are fully committed to helping SCI victims seek the justice they deserve.
If you or someone you love have suffered from a spinal cord injury, we may be able to help you recover compensation for your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills. To find out more, fill out our free, no-obligation case evaluation form today.
Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
There are a number of causes of SCIs, with some of the most common including:
- Motor vehicle accidents: According to the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of spinal cord injuries in younger adults.
- Workplace accidents: Some workplaces pose higher risks of spinal cord injuries, such as construction sites and other jobs where workers can get injured by falling from heights.
- Medical malpractice: While less common, medical malpractice such as poor emergency room care, improper diagnostic procedures, or incorrect anesthesia administration can result in SCIs.
Types of Injuries
While total paralysis is one of the worst results of a spinal cord injury, other outcomes can be severely debilitating. SCIs commonly cause mobility issues, numbness, pain during movement, and body weakness from conditions such as:
- Spinal stenosis
- Lumbar spinal cord injuries
- Spondylolisthesis / spondylosis
- Thoracic spinal cord injuries
- Lumbar spinal cord injuries
- Ruptured and herniated discs
- Degenerative disc disease
A spinal injury can disrupt your life and lead to years of extensive medical care and large pharmaceutical bills. However, if you can prove your injuries were the result of negligence or a defective product, you may be able to recover damages including:
- Current and future medical costs
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Medical equipment
- Mental anguish
- Permanent nursing home care
Statute of Limitations
Texas law has a two-year statute of limitations from the date of the incident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you suffered from a spinal cord injury and are interested in pursuing legal action, you should act now. Contact our Houston office for more information.
How a Lawyer Can Help
Proving that your spinal injury occurred as the result of negligence can be difficult without an attorney. Big corporations and insurance companies will use all of their resources, including their own legal team, to prevent a large payout.
Our Houston office is prepared to interview witnesses, research medical records, and consult experts to build the strongest case possible. No matter what the cause of your SCI, Morgan & Morgan can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contact Morgan & Morgan
At Morgan & Morgan, we are building on 30 years of holding big corporations and insurance companies accountable for their actions. We have the experience, expertise, and resources to take on America’s biggest bullies and win.
If you or someone you love were the victim of a spinal cord injury, you don’t have to go it alone. Our law firm has no upfront fees, and we only get paid if we win your case. To find out more, fill out our free, no-obligation case evaluation form and one of our attorneys will contact you.