Houston Insurance Claims
When you submit a valid insurance claim, you shouldn’t have to wonder if the insurance company is going to approve it. After all, you pay your premiums each month so that you can get some of that money back when you need it. Unfortunately, insurance companies often put profits over policyholders, leaving Americans empty-handed at their time of greatest need.
It’s common for insurance companies in Houston to deny valid claims. Even worse, many of these companies fail to provide a coherent explanation for why the claim was denied. They may even refuse to investigate your rejected claim, which can be incredibly frustrating. When that happens, you should consider taking legal action.
The insurance claim lawyers in our Houston office have years of experience helping people recover the compensation they are owed. If you’re in a dispute with your insurance company — or if you have a claim that was denied or undervalued — contact our office for a free consultation. It costs nothing to get started, and we get paid only if you win.
What Is Bad Faith Insurance?
Bad faith insurance is when an insurance company fails to act honestly or fairly toward a policyholder. Here are some examples of bad faith insurance:
- Ignoring claims and other communications from policyholders
- Denying a claim without investigating it
- Unnecessarily delaying a claim
- Misrepresenting a policyholder’s coverage
- Failing to provide a reason for a denial
- Failing to inform a policyholder that they need more information to adjust a claim
- Failing to promptly adjust a claim without a valid reason
- Denying a claim without a valid reason
If you’ve been on the receiving end of this type of treatment, your insurance company may have acted in bad faith, and you may have a case.
How Do I Know if My Insurance Company Acted in Bad Faith?
An insurance claim attorney can determine if your insurance company acted in bad faith or if there is a more legitimate reason for their actions. Insurance laws vary by state, so these cases are more complex than they may initially appear. Rest assured, the lawyers in our Houston office are deeply familiar with Texas law and are always happy to give you a free case evaluation.
What Types of Disputes Does Morgan & Morgan Handle?
We have had success resolving a wide range of insurance disputes. Here are some (but not all) of the disputes our attorneys take on:
- Homeowner/Property Owner Losses
- Unfair Claims Handling and Bad Faith
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) Claims
- Professional Liability Coverage
- Errors & Omissions Coverage (E&O)
- Personal Injury Protection
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- Car Insurance Coverage
- Medical Billing
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Fire Damage
- Hurricane and Windstorm Claims
Even if none of the above disputes apply to your situation, you should contact us to see how we can help. Over the past 30+ years, Morgan & Morgan has recovered over $7 billion for our clients.
How Do I Get Started?
Contact our Houston office, either by filling out a free case evaluation form or by giving us a call. It costs nothing to get started, and we get paid only if we successfully resolve your case
Offices near You
Current call wait: 5 seconds