Slip & Fall Lawyers in Evansville, IN
Evansville Slip & Fall
20 NW Third Street, Suite 940
Evansville, IN 47708
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Evansville Slip & Fall
A Slip and Fall may not sound like a particularly serious event, but, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2015 injuries from falls accounted for more than $50 billion in medical costs. In fact, falls are the number one cause of traumatic brain injuries.
So if you slip and fall, you could be in a lot of pain—both physically and financially. You may also feel embarrassed, but the truth is that if you fell, there’s a good chance it was because of someone else’s negligence. In situations like these, a specialized Slip and Fall attorney can help you recover the compensation you need to pay your medical bills and move on with your life.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a Slip and Fall, contact the personal injury attorneys at Morgan & Morgan’s Evansville office. We’re tough, experienced, and we have a track record of success. Best of all, it costs nothing upfront to hire us, and we get paid only if you win.
But don’t wait: in Indiana, you have just two years from the date of your injury to file a lawsuit. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Morgan & Morgan
What Caused My Slip and Fall?
If you slip and fall, you may blame your own clumsiness, but, in many cases, there is another factor at play, such as one of the following:
- Wet or icy surface
- Missing handrail
- Poor lighting
- Broken or missing step
- Defective balcony
- Poorly maintained sidewalk
- Building code violation
- Failure to display safety sign or warning
In situations such as these, the property owner could be at fault for your injury and ensuing expenses.
How Can I Prove Negligence?
Generally speaking, the property owner is responsible for covering the costs of your injuries if the following statements are true:
- The property owner knew or should have known about the dangerous condition on their property.
- The property owner did not repair the dangerous condition or provide adequate notice to visitors regarding the dangerous condition.
In some cases, even if the property owner did post a warning, they could still be considered liable for the injury. The only way to know for sure is to speak with a Slip and Fall attorney who can tell you if you have a case.
How Can a Lawyer Help?
A Slip and Fall lawsuit may seem straightforward, but, like any personal injury case, it’s actually fairly complex, and quite a bit of work goes into a successful lawsuit. An attorney and their team can take on all of these tasks on your behalf:
- Collecting evidence such as security footage and photographs
- Interviewing witnesses who saw the accident or the conditions that caused it
- Determining who is at fault for the fall
- Reviewing police reports and medical records
- Consulting with medical experts
- Building a persuasive case
- Negotiating with the other side for full and fair compensation
- Presenting your case at trial (if necessary)
Slip & Fall Compensation
If you were injured in a Slip and Fall, you could be owed compensation for the following damages:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Any other damages related to your injury
Contact a Slip & Fall Lawyer in Evansville
For over 30 years, Morgan & Morgan has fought For The People, Not The Powerful, going to battle for regular Americans who have been harmed by another person’s negligence. During that time, we’ve recovered more than $15 billion across all offices and practice areas and grown into America’s largest personal injury law firm.
If you or a loved one slipped and fell and are now staring down mounting medical bills, contact our Evansville office for a free case review. We may be able to help you recover compensation for medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering, so you can bounce back from your injury.
It costs nothing upfront to hire us, and our fee comes out of a successful settlement or jury award, never out-of-pocket. Contact us today.