DUI Accident Attorneys in Evansville, IN
Evansville, IN DUI Accident
20 NW Third Street, Suite 940
Evansville, IN 47708
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Evansville, IN DUI Accident
When intoxicated individuals get behind the wheel of a car, they’re risking not just their lives but the lives of others. Accidents involving drunk drivers often involve severe or catastrophic injuries and, in some cases, prove fatal.
Our accident lawyers in Evansville have seen and understand the dangers posed by intoxicated drivers. With over 30 years of experience and a team of 800-plus attorneys, you can count on us to fight for full and fair compensation.
While those who drive under the in Indiana may face strict penalties — such as fines, license revocation, and jail time — those drivers are not the only ones affected by their criminal behavior.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a DUI accident, complete our free, no-obligation form to have your case reviewed by an Evansville accident attorney.
Morgan & Morgan
BAC Laws and Liability Cases for Drunk Drivers
After you’re involved in a DUI-related accident, it might be difficult to pinpoint which factors lead to your injuries. In Indiana, the legal limit for blood-alcohol concentration, or BAC, is .08% (commercial drivers' BAC limit is 0.04% and underage drivers is 0.02%). However, drivers who have a BAC of 0.06% are twice as likely to get into a fatal car crash as a driver who is sober.
According to Indiana's dram shop law outlined in Indiana Code 7.1-5-10-15.5, anyone who has provided alcohol to a drunk driver could be held liable for the resulting damages. Those may include:
- Drunk Driver: Indianas' OWI laws state if an accident occurs while one of the drivers is under the influence of alcohol, the drunken party may be liable for driving recklessly and being under the influence.
- An Employer: The driver's employer may be responsible for the accident if it occurred in a company-owned vehicle or while completing a work-related task.
- Third-Party: Third parties may include passengers who knew the driver was intoxicated but allowed them to drive, or bar service if they let drivers who were under the influence continue to operate their vehicle.
When assessing your case, our experienced attorneys will work around the clock to fight for full and fair compensation. Your attorney will investigate and gather information relevant to the accident, which may include:
- Photographs of the scene
- Police videos of the scene
- Accident witness statements
- Your account of the accident
- Your medical records from the accident
- Breathalyzer results
- Blood and urine test results
- Names of medications the driver may have taken
With the information gathered from your case investigation, our attorneys will curate a timeline to determine whether alcohol caused the crash.
Recover Compensation for Damages
After you’ve been injured, we want to help ease financial, physical, and mental stress. That’s why we fight for full and fair compensation, which can take the form of:
- Medical Expenses: This can include hospital bills, rehabilitation, transportation, medication, and any other injury-related expenses.
- Loss of Work: If the injury you sustained during the accident affected your ability to work, either temporarily or permanently.
- Pain and Suffering: Any mental anguish you may have sustained due to the accident.
- Loss of Fellowship: Your spouse may be able to recover compensation for the loss of intimacy in marriage.
Evansville DUI Accident Attorneys
Life after a DUI accident may never be the same, but with our attorneys, you can rest assured you'll have the support you need from a firm you can trust. If you or a loved one has been in a DUI accident, we want to help.
Our attorneys will fight for your best compensation with zero upfront fees. Operating on a full contingency basis, we don't charge by the hour: We only get paid if we resolve your case.
To get started, please fill out our risk-free, no-obligation case review form to get in contact with one of our Evansville accident attorneys.