- $13 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Houston, TX Truck Accidents
Spontaneous road accidents can be extremely traumatic for everyone involved. Even if you walked away with minor scrapes and bruises, the financial damage surrounding your accident can make the situation much more stressful. Car-on-car accidents are one thing, but accidents that involve a truck have a higher potential to cause significant damage to you and your vehicle. Texas has a 51% fatality rate in accidents involving at least one truck or bus, which is one of the highest in the country.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a truck accident, contact our Houston office today. The attorneys of Morgan & Morgan will give your case the attention it deserves and secure the full amount of compensation you are owed. Complete a free case evaluation to get started.
Steps For Truck Accident Victims
Your health and well-being are most important; the first order of business after a traumatic accident is always to move to a safe location. Your next steps should include:
- Calling police/emergency services
- Obtaining information at the scene (names, insurance information, etc.)
- Documenting injuries
- Taking pictures/videos of the scene of the accident
It’s also important not to accept blame for the accident while at the scene. A skilled attorney will handle the liability aspects of your accident and maintain your innocence.
Types of Lawsuits
Every accident is unique, and it may be difficult to determine which legal avenue you should take. Our experienced truck accident attorneys can review the facts of your case and lead you in the right direction. Here are a few common truck accident lawsuits:
- Product liability: A defective component in a vehicle can cause it to become unresponsive and crash. In these cases, the manufacturer is most commonly at fault.
- Negligence: If the carelessness of a third party resulted in your accident, your attorney can file a negligence lawsuit.
- Wrongful death: If your loved one has lost their life in a truck accident, we understand and are here to help. Our attorneys can assist you in filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
Causes of Truck Accidents
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has established laws and guidelines to protect those on the road from reckless drivers. Here’s a list of a few common truck law violations:
- Falsifying driving records
- Distracted driving
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Driving under the influence or while tired
- Overloading the vehicle
- Improperly following weight requirements
You didn’t cause your accident, so why should you have to pay for the expenses? The following types of damages are most commonly sought after a truck accident:
- Medical expenses (medication, therapy, equipment, etc.)
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages and loss of earning capacity
- Mental anguish
Contact Our Houston Office
If you have been injured or a loved one has lost their life in a truck accident, Morgan & Morgan has your back. We have been fighting tirelessly for cases just like yours for over 30 years. We understand the price for pain is infinite, which is why we’ll fight for your full and fair compensation.
Complete a free, no-risk case evaluation today and take the first step toward your future.