- $13 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Insurance Claim Attorneys in Charleston, WV
As a policyholder, you shouldn’t have to worry about whether or not your insurance company will honor your claim. Unfortunately, insurance companies routinely deny valid claims without reason or explanation.
At Morgan & Morgan, we understand that insurance disputes are a frequent headache for the people of Charleston. If your claim was denied or undervalued, our attorneys may be able to help.
What Is Bad Faith?
People buy insurance to protect against financial loss. In exchange, they pay premiums to their insurer, who then owes them a duty to provide coverage, uphold the terms of the policy, and pay all valid claims.
Sadly, insurance companies don’t always do what’s right. Instead, they sometimes engage in deceptive practices, or act in bad faith. Some examples include:
- Deliberately misrepresenting the insured’s policy
- Denying a claim without undergoing a thorough investigation
- Neglecting to provide a basis for denying a claim
- Failing to inform the insured that information is needed to adjust a claim
- Denying a claim without a valid reason
- Unreasonably delaying a claim to avoid resolution
- Asking the insured to contribute to the settlement when they shouldn’t have to
- Ignoring a claim altogether
What Protections Are Provided by the State of West Virginia?
Under West Virginia law, bad faith insurance refers to an insurance company’s failure or refusal to pay a legitimate claim. Whether your claim was ignored, delayed, paid only in part, or purposefully mishandled in another way, you may be able to recover damages from the insurance company in a bad faith lawsuit.
To be successful, you will need to prove that the insurance company acted unreasonably and without factual justification to support its decision. Determining bad faith and proving these elements can be difficult, so it’s important that you put your trust in an attorney who is well-versed in handling these matters.
What Types of Insurance Disputes Does Morgan & Morgan Handle?
The attorneys at Morgan & Morgan are committed to helping people resolve insurance claim disputes in a broad range of practice areas, including but not limited to:
- Homeowner and Business Property Losses
- Unfair Claims Handling and Bad Faith
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) Claims
- Professional Liability Coverage
- Errors & Omissions Coverage (E&O)
- Personal Injury Protection
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- Car Insurance Coverage
- Medical Billing
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Fire Damage
- Hurricane and Windstorm Claims
If you live in Charleston and believe you may have been treated unfairly by your insurance company, be sure to contact our office.
Contact a Charleston Insurance Claim Lawyer
Submitting a claim may feel like an exercise in futility. After all, the insurance company has financial incentive to deny you payment. But that doesn’t mean you are without recourse.
If you believe your insurance claim was denied unfairly, the insurance dispute attorneys at Morgan & Morgan may be able to help you recover compensation.
To get started, schedule a free case evaluation. It costs nothing to get started, and we get paid only if your case is successful. Contact us now