Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Charleston222 Capitol Street, Suite 400
Charleston, WV 25301
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Charleston, WV Nursing Home Abuse
When a loved one moves into a nursing home, you expect that they’ll be taken care of. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. Unfortunately, nursing home abuse does happen in Charleston, but our experienced attorneys may be able to help.
All law firms are not the same. Morgan & Morgan has built a winning reputation since it was founded in 1988, and we continue to grow every day.
We don’t get paid until we win your case, and you never pay a cent out of pocket. Don’t wait to fill out a free case review form and learn more today.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Types of Nursing Home Abuse
You rely on your loved one’s caretakers to be helpful, attentive, and most importantly, ethical. Nursing home abuse comes in many different forms. Here’s an overview of the main categories:
- Physical: In a nursing home, physical abuse doesn’t have to be assault or battery. Overmedication, excessive physical restraint, and force-feeding are all considered physical abuse.
- Emotional: The basic forms of emotional abuse include insensitive or harmful remarks, verbal degradation, and threats. However, emotional abuse also refers to manipulation or deceit.
- Financial: Your loved one’s caretaker may be responsible for handling finances. Cashing checks without permission, adding names to cards, and changing wills may all be considered financial abuse.
- Sexual: As unthinkable as it may be, sexual abuse does happen in nursing homes. This abuse occurs when a resident experiences unwanted sexual contact from a staff member, another resident, a visitor, or even a family member.
- Neglect: While the above types of abuse come from direct actions, neglect is also a type of abuse. It’s the caretaker’s job to provide your loved one with the services and attention that you signed off on. If the caretaker fails to assist with things like personal hygiene, medicine regimens, or health and safety hazards, they may be guilty of neglect.
Warning Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
You can’t stop nursing home abuse if you don’t recognize it, and some red flags are more subtle than others. Here are a few examples of signs you should look out for:
- Emotionally upset or socially withdrawn
- Changes in personality or behaviors
- Unreported illnesses
- Excessive medication
- Unsanitary conditions
- Bruises, fractures, or other physical injuries
- Attempts to leave
- Rapid weight change
- Unexplained or unexpected death
This is not an exhaustive list of signs. If your loved one is suffering from or has suffered from nursing home abuse, don’t wait to contact Morgan & Morgan’s Charleston, West Virginia office.
How a Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Can Help
Dealing with this kind of abuse can be tense and emotional for your loved one and your family as a whole. Fortunately, our nursing home abuse attorneys specialize in this area of law and will fight to get you full and fair compensation for your hardships.
Getting Started with Morgan & Morgan
At Morgan & Morgan, we fight For The People. Here are some of the many perks of working with us:
- America’s largest personal injury law firm
- Over $20 billion won for clients across all practice areas
- More than 1,000 attorneys across the United States
- Won 20 times more than pre-trial offers
Nursing home abuse is unacceptable and inexcusable. If your loved one has experienced this abuse, fill out a free, no-obligation case review to find out how we can help.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews