- Arthritis Questions Answered
- Amputation/Loss of Limb Injury
- Electric Shock? Your Questions Answered
- Broken Pelvis Injury
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) Lawsuits
- What Do Disability Claim Attorneys Do?
- Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer For Your Injury Claim
- What Is an Injury Claim Calculator and How Does It Work?
- How to Find The Right Lawyer for Your Personal Injury Claim
- What Types of Compensation Can I Recover in a Bodily Injury Claim
- What Is the Personal Injury Claim Process?
- What Are the Most Common Personal Injury Claims?
- Why You Shouldn’t Rely on a Personal Injury Claims Calculator
- Personal Injury Claims: What is the Average Settlement Amount?
- What to Expect When Filing a Personal Injury Claim
- What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
- Why Do Insurance Companies Say You Have An Exaggerated Personal Injury Claim?
- Can I File a Personal Injury Claim Without a Lawyer?
- Can I File a Personal Injury Claim Against My Landlord?
- How to Hire the Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Atlanta
- How to Hire the Best Accident Lawyer Near Me
- Calculating Pain & Suffering | Personal Injury Questions
- Personal Injury Lawsuit Process
- Personal Injury Lawsuit Settlement Checks
- How Much is a Personal Injury Lawyer Payout?
- How Much Does Personal Injury Insurance Cost?
- How Much Does a Personal Injury Case Pay?
- What Does Personal Injury Mean?
- What Is a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- How to Find an Accident Lawyer in the Katy, TX Area
- Talk to a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Accident Injury Claim Facts
- Average Value of a Bodily Injury Claim
- Pedestrian Injury Lawyer
- When Should I Fight an Insurance Company?
- How Long Does a Personal Injury Case Take?
- How Do I Cash in My Personal Injury Settlement Check?
- What Is the Price for Severe Emotional Pain From a Personal Injury Incident?
- What Should I Do After Getting Hurt in Public?
- How to Handle Slipping on Ice?
- Understanding Your Settlement Check Payout: What Do I Need to Know?
- What Is the Best Use for My Settlement Checks Post-Accident?
- What Should I Use My Settlement Check For?
- When to Call a Lawyer: Hurt During the Holidays
- What Do I Need to Know About the Hiring Process for Lawyers?
- How to Have a Successful Relationship With Your Personal Injury Lawyer
- Can I Afford a Lawyer Without Any Insurance?
- How to Prepare for the First Meeting With a Personal Injury Lawyer
- What Is the Process for Hiring Your First Lawyer?
- When Should I See a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- How Much Is a Permanent Injury Worth?
- How Do I Cash in My Personal Injury Settlement Check?
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Settlement Process
- Morgan & Morgan Settlement Cases
- How to Find a Good Lawyer Near Me
- Do’s and Don’ts for Your Personal Injury Claim
- Where to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
- Where Can I Get Help With My Personal Injury Case?
- Who Should I Call if I'm Hurt While Away From Home?
- What Is a Fair Settlement for Pain and Suffering?
- Does Morgan and Morgan Take Any Case?
- What Are the Stages of a Personal Injury Claim?
- How Is Damage Determined in a Lawsuit?
- Is a Settlement Considered a Win?
- How Much Compensation Will I Receive for Neck and Shoulder Injuries?
- How Much Is a Bulging Disc Injury Worth?
- What Is Considered a Good Settlement Offer?
- Do You Pay Morgan & Morgan if You Lose?
- Who Should I Contact if I'm Having a Difficult Time Understanding Law Practices?
- Should I Get Multiple Lawyers for My Injury Case?
- What Are Some Signs That You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- What Is the Difference Between Bodily Injury and Personal Injury?
- Can You Sue a School District for Emotional Distress?
- How Do You Cash a Settlement Check?
- How Should I Spend My Settlement Check?
- What Are Some Reasons a Lawyer Might Not Take Your Personal Injury Case?
- What Is a Characters for Hire Lawsuit?
- Calculating Damages in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
- What Are the Costs and Recovery Time for a Broken Pelvis?
- What Are Some Examples of Lawyer Fees for Personal Injury Cases?
- Where Can I Find the Best Ethical Malpractice Lawyers Near Me?
- What Does a Suit Mean?
- How Do Lawyers Determine Pain and Suffering?
- Where Do I Go to Get the Settlement Check for My Neck Injuries?
- What Is a Typical Personal Injury Settlement Amount?
- How Difficult Is Calculating Damages in a Lawsuit?
- What Questions Are Asked During a Deposition?
- How Can I Get Compensation for a Crushed Pelvis?
- How Much Can I Expect to Recover From a 3M Lawsuit?
- Where Do I Sign My Settlement Papers?
- How Long Can You Keep a Check Without Cashing It?
- What Should I Do if I Receive a Phone Call Saying Someone Is Taking Legal Action Against Me?
When to Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer
f you’ve suffered an injury or were subjected to any type of harm that was caused by someone else’s negligence or reckless actions, you should consider contacting a personal injury attorney right away. There are many complexities in all types of personal injury cases, and it’s in your best interest to contact a qualified attorney who can walk you through the correct procedures. You might be wondering if you can just handle it on your own, but this is rarely a good idea.
Morgan & Morgan handles all types of personal injury claims. We have more than 700 attorneys who practice law all across the United States. We’ve handled just about every kind of personal injury claim there is. Contact us today for a free case evaluation, and we can get you connected with an attorney in your area who can help. Read on to learn more about key instances when contacting a personal injury lawyer is necessary.
1. You Were Injured During a Slip and Fall
If you were injured during a slip and fall, it’s a good idea to contact a personal injury lawyer. Slip and falls happen more often than you would probably imagine, and unfortunately, people sometimes end up suffering pretty severe injuries. If you or a loved one has fallen and gotten injured as a result, you deserve compensation and should contact a lawyer right away. It’s not as simple as speaking to the property owner and telling them you fell and you’re requesting compensation. There’s a lot more to it than that, and an experienced personal injury lawyer can help you do things the right way.
Why You Need a Lawyer for a Slip and Fall Case
Many people think that if they were injured when they slipped and fell on someone else’s property, they can just talk to the property owner and see if they can work it out on their own. While this might occasionally be true, more often than not, you’re just wasting time. An attorney will help you figure out what should be done, if you have a valid slip and fall case, and whether or not you might be entitled to compensation.
Additionally, they will help you figure out what the deadlines are for filing your case. If you try to handle all the legal complexities on your own and don’t speak with an attorney, you might end up missing the timeline for filing your lawsuit. In that case, you’d miss out on any compensation that you are entitled to.
2. You Were in a Car Accident
Anytime you’re in a car accident, you should consider contacting a personal injury attorney. This is true even if you believe that you were partially at fault. The first two things you should do are call the police to file a police report, and then seek medical attention if necessary. It’s a good idea to go to the hospital anytime you’re involved in a car accident because you can end up with injuries that aren’t always visible right away.
When most people get into a car accident, they take the other person’s insurance information, and that’s it. But you might be entitled to far more than what their auto insurance company says you’re entitled to. It’s smart to contact a lawyer before you speak to anyone’s insurance company. When you have a lawyer representing you, the insurance companies and all parties involved will know that you’re serious.
Car accident cases can be complicated because there must be a determination made about whose fault the accident was. When you contact a personal injury attorney, they should have the resources necessary to do some investigating and figure out what happened. This might involve contacting expert witnesses who can reconstruct the scene of the accident. There are many intricacies in car crash cases that you simply can’t handle on your own without an experienced attorney.
3. You Had an Accident at an Amusement Park
You might not be aware of this, but if you’ve suffered an injury while you are at an amusement park, you could be entitled to compensation. Whether it’s a slip and fall or you were injured on a ride, an experienced lawyer can help you determine if you have a claim or not. Many people also wrongly assume that they can’t file a lawsuit against an amusement park or the property owner because of the legal disclaimer that is on the back of all of the tickets they sell. This is usually not true. Most judges understand that people don’t read the disclaimers. They are also often so vague that they don’t hold up in court. Additionally, it’s unclear whether minors who enter the parks are able to enter into a legally binding contract based on the language on the back of a ticket.
4. You Suffered a Dog Bite
Dog bites are very common, and you may be entitled to compensation if you were bitten by a dog and suffered an injury. If a dog bites you, you want to make sure you get the owner’s information immediately. You also want to make sure that the owner has information on whether the dog has had their vaccines, especially rabies. If the dog wasn’t vaccinated, this is even more problematic. Dog bites can get infected, you could get rabies, or you could suffer from another type of serious injury. As soon as you exchange information and receive medical treatment, you should contact an attorney for a free consultation so they can help you figure out what your next steps should be.
5. You Were in a Train Accident
We all hear about serious and deadly train accidents where there are often many dead and injured. Unfortunately, these accidents are often due to sheer negligence. The driver was going too fast, was too tired, was under the influence of drugs, or the train wasn’t serviced properly. The possibilities are endless, but there’s usually an explanation for these crashes, and it’s often one that will result in you receiving compensation. If you’ve suffered injuries as a result of a train crash, you should absolutely reach out to an experienced personal injury firm to discuss your case. These accidents can cause injuries that can severely alter a person’s life forever.
6. You Want to File a Lawsuit Because of Another Type of Injury You Suffered
Anytime you suffer any kind of injury, you may want to consider contacting a personal injury attorney. Of course, if you’re at home and you stub your toe, this isn’t what we’re referring to. But if you suffer an injury and it is someone else’s fault because they were reckless or negligent, you should definitely speak with an attorney. They can help you determine what the statute of limitations is and then can help you figure out what kind of compensation you might be entitled to.
7. If You’re Asking This Question, You Should Probably Call
If you have to ask if you need a personal injury attorney, chances are, you do. Your best bet is to set up a free consultation with an experienced lawyer who can tell you if you have a viable claim or not. It won’t cost you anything, so the only thing you’ll have to spend is a little bit of your time. At worst, you waste a few minutes and find out that you don’t have a claim. At best, you find out that you do have a claim, and you now have an attorney that you can hire who is capable of helping you through this complicated process.