- Arthritis Questions Answered
- Amputation/Loss of Limb Injury
- Electric Shock? Your Questions Answered
- Broken Pelvis Injury
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) Lawsuits
- What Do Disability Claim Attorneys Do?
- Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer For Your Injury Claim
- What Is an Injury Claim Calculator and How Does It Work?
- How to Find The Right Lawyer for Your Personal Injury Claim
- What Types of Compensation Can I Recover in a Bodily Injury Claim
- What Is the Personal Injury Claim Process?
- What Are the Most Common Personal Injury Claims?
- Why You Shouldn’t Rely on a Personal Injury Claims Calculator
- Personal Injury Claims: What is the Average Settlement Amount?
- What to Expect When Filing a Personal Injury Claim
- What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
- Why Do Insurance Companies Say You Have An Exaggerated Personal Injury Claim?
- Can I File a Personal Injury Claim Without a Lawyer?
- Can I File a Personal Injury Claim Against My Landlord?
- How to Hire the Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Atlanta
- Calculating Pain & Suffering | Personal Injury Questions
- Personal Injury Lawsuit Process
- Personal Injury Lawsuit Settlement Checks
- How Much is a Personal Injury Lawyer Payout?
- How Much Does Personal Injury Insurance Cost?
- How Much Does a Personal Injury Case Pay?
- What Does Personal Injury Mean?
- What Is a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- How to Find an Accident Lawyer in the Katy, TX Area
- Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Talk to a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Accident Injury Claim Facts
- Average Value of a Bodily Injury Claim
- Pedestrian Injury Lawyer
- When Should I Fight an Insurance Company?
- How Long Does a Personal Injury Case Take?
- How Do I Cash in My Personal Injury Settlement Check?
- What Is the Price for Severe Emotional Pain From a Personal Injury Incident?
- What Should I Do After Getting Hurt in Public?
- How to Handle Slipping on Ice?
- Understanding Your Settlement Check Payout: What Do I Need to Know?
- What Is the Best Use for My Settlement Checks Post-Accident?
- What Should I Use My Settlement Check For?
- When to Call a Lawyer: Hurt During the Holidays
- What Do I Need to Know About the Hiring Process for Lawyers?
- How to Have a Successful Relationship With Your Personal Injury Lawyer
- Can I Afford a Lawyer Without Any Insurance?
- How to Prepare for the First Meeting With a Personal Injury Lawyer
- What Is the Process for Hiring Your First Lawyer?
- When Should I See a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- How Much Is a Permanent Injury Worth?
- How Do I Cash in My Personal Injury Settlement Check?
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Settlement Process
- Morgan & Morgan Settlement Cases
- How to Find a Good Lawyer Near Me
- Do’s and Don’ts for Your Personal Injury Claim
- Where to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
- Where Can I Get Help With My Personal Injury Case?
- Who Should I Call if I'm Hurt While Away From Home?
- What Is a Fair Settlement for Pain and Suffering?
- Does Morgan and Morgan Take Any Case?
- What Are the Stages of a Personal Injury Claim?
- How Is Damage Determined in a Lawsuit?
- Is a Settlement Considered a Win?
- How Much Compensation Will I Receive for Neck and Shoulder Injuries?
- How Much Is a Bulging Disc Injury Worth?
- What Is Considered a Good Settlement Offer?
- Do You Pay Morgan & Morgan if You Lose?
- Who Should I Contact if I'm Having a Difficult Time Understanding Law Practices?
- Should I Get Multiple Lawyers for My Injury Case?
- What Are Some Signs That You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- What Is the Difference Between Bodily Injury and Personal Injury?
- Can You Sue a School District for Emotional Distress?
- How Do You Cash a Settlement Check?
- How Should I Spend My Settlement Check?
- What Are Some Reasons a Lawyer Might Not Take Your Personal Injury Case?
- What Is a Characters for Hire Lawsuit?
- Calculating Damages in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
- What Are the Costs and Recovery Time for a Broken Pelvis?
- What Are Some Examples of Lawyer Fees for Personal Injury Cases?
- Where Can I Find the Best Ethical Malpractice Lawyers Near Me?
- What Does a Suit Mean?
- How Do Lawyers Determine Pain and Suffering?
- Where Do I Go to Get the Settlement Check for My Neck Injuries?
- What Is a Typical Personal Injury Settlement Amount?
- How Difficult Is Calculating Damages in a Lawsuit?
- What Questions Are Asked During a Deposition?
- How Can I Get Compensation for a Crushed Pelvis?
- How Much Can I Expect to Recover From a 3M Lawsuit?
- Where Do I Sign My Settlement Papers?
- How Long Can You Keep a Check Without Cashing It?
- What Should I Do if I Receive a Phone Call Saying Someone Is Taking Legal Action Against Me?
How to Hire the Best Accident Lawyer Near Me
Every year in the United States, there are six million car accidents. Accidents impact your own life and the life of your family. Many of these leave injury victims scrambling to put the pieces of their life back together and wondering how to find the best legal representation. When you retain an attorney and formally open a relationship with a lawyer, you'll get legal advice specific to your situation. There are many complex legal issues associated with a typical accident claim, which is likely what prompted you to search "how to hire the best accident lawyer near me" in the first place.
Most accident victims or the surviving family members coping with the impact of a wrongful death find this experience overwhelming. While it can feel impossible to keep track of all the paperwork and action steps needed in car accident cases, it's extremely important to manage these details and ensure no deadlines or opportunities are missed. If you or someone you love has suffered or been injured in an accident, please contact us for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Protecting Your Right to Recover After an Accident
When you're hurt in a car wreck, there's a lot to think about and it can feel like your entire life has been derailed. There are several important things you need to do in order to preserve the integrity of your personal injury claim, including:
- Go to see the doctor even if you're not sure that you've been hurt. Many injuries are shielded by shock from the accident itself and some take time to appear, like whiplash. It's much easier to get medical attention upfront.
- Start taking notes from all of your medical appointments. Ask for copies of your medical records so that you're prepared if you end up filing a personal injury lawsuit.
- Refuse to sign any paperwork from your insurance company in the form of a release statement, which could end up hurting your claim in the future.
- Continue to document how the accident has affected your life, including details on medical bills, lost wages, conversations with your doctor about serious injuries, and whether a loved one has been dramatically affected by the incident.
- You have enough to think about when you're trying to recover from an accident. Dealing with phone calls from an insurance adjuster or navigating your own claim can be overwhelming.
Research the Law Firm's Background on Their Website
Before leveraging a free consultation with a car accident lawyer, do some research on the firm's website. You're looking for several things in a personal injury attorney that can tell you a lot about the way they'll approach your case.
You're looking for things like past case results, testimonials from those they've worked with before, and biographies of the lawyers at the firm.
This information can give you a window into how committed this law firm is when it comes to all aspects of an accident claim. Experienced attorneys can have a big impact on your confidence throughout the case and on the overall outcome.
Additionally, consider looking at popular law firm review websites or Google reviews where you can read about the experiences of past clients directly. This is one of the best ways to see how the lawyers at the firm have handled the cases of other victims. Look for clues about what makes this law firm different from others, such as personalized service, a willingness to go to trial to fight hard, or even a high rate of success with meaningful settlement offers.
Evaluate the Lawyer's Insurance Company Experience
One of the most overwhelming aspects of handling a car accident claim is working with the auto accident insurance companies. Both your own policy and that of the other driver might be connected to the case, meaning that it can be very hard to interface with those two coverage providers. Both will have questions, need paperwork signed, and might not respond to your calls.
As a result, it's important when typing in "best accident lawyer near me" to dig deeper into the results and see what kind of experience the lawyer has in negotiating with insurance carriers.
One of the most difficult aspects of moving through a personal injury case is that you have no way of knowing what's going on behind the scenes at the insurance company. The case might seem straightforward to you, but it's often the case that a car accident attorney is needed to dig through the complexity of these difficult claims. The insurance adjuster might provide confusing information to you about the status of your claim, so leverage the support of a good lawyer to ensure that the insurance carrier knows you're taking this claim seriously.
Be Prepared for Your Initial Consultation
Take a notebook so that you can keep track of the answers received from the lawyer during the initial meeting. The more details you have ready for this initial meeting, the more successful the conversation will be.
Consider bringing things like your medical records, medical bills, the police report, and any photos or videos of the scene of the accident. This information will help your personal injury lawyer
This initial consultation with an attorney experienced in personal injury law will help you determine:
- The attorney's opinion about your case
- The potential damages for your injury claim
- What the next steps would look like
- The law firm's approach in similar cases
- How you can expect to communicate with attorneys in the firm
Meeting in person is important after you've suffered in a motor vehicle accident. You'll know through this conversation how you feel about working with this person and even having them represent you in court or settlement offer conversations. Your legal rights matter, but as an accident victim, your focus should be on recovery. Finding the right lawyer frees you up to heal as much as possible while knowing that there's someone out there advocating for you.
Determine the Firm's Overall Resources
There's no doubt that the experience and approach of the individual attorney is important. However, the at-fault driver and their insurance company might fight back in a big way. For this reason, you want to work with a personal injury law firm with paralegals, connections to expert witnesses and medical professionals, and the resources to pull together a comprehensive strategy for your legal injury claim.
How they treat your case evaluation is an important component to clue you in to their approach and strategy with car crash cases. Use this information to make an informed decision.