- Arthritis Questions Answered
- Amputation/Loss of Limb Injury
- Electric Shock? Your Questions Answered
- Broken Pelvis Injury
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) Lawsuits
- What Do Disability Claim Attorneys Do?
- Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer For Your Injury Claim
- What Is an Injury Claim Calculator and How Does It Work?
- How to Find The Right Lawyer for Your Personal Injury Claim
- What Types of Compensation Can I Recover in a Bodily Injury Claim
- What Is the Personal Injury Claim Process?
- What Are the Most Common Personal Injury Claims?
- Why You Shouldn’t Rely on a Personal Injury Claims Calculator
- Personal Injury Claims: What is the Average Settlement Amount?
- What to Expect When Filing a Personal Injury Claim
- What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
- Can I File a Personal Injury Claim Without a Lawyer?
- Can I File a Personal Injury Claim Against My Landlord?
- How to Hire the Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Atlanta
- How to Hire the Best Accident Lawyer Near Me
- Calculating Pain & Suffering | Personal Injury Questions
- Personal Injury Lawsuit Process
- Personal Injury Lawsuit Settlement Checks
- How Much is a Personal Injury Lawyer Payout?
- How Much Does Personal Injury Insurance Cost?
- How Much Does a Personal Injury Case Pay?
- What Does Personal Injury Mean?
- What Is a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- How to Find an Accident Lawyer in the Katy, TX Area
- Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Talk to a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Accident Injury Claim Facts
- Average Value of a Bodily Injury Claim
- Pedestrian Injury Lawyer
- When Should I Fight an Insurance Company?
- How Long Does a Personal Injury Case Take?
- How Do I Cash in My Personal Injury Settlement Check?
- What Is the Price for Severe Emotional Pain From a Personal Injury Incident?
- What Should I Do After Getting Hurt in Public?
- How to Handle Slipping on Ice?
- Understanding Your Settlement Check Payout: What Do I Need to Know?
- What Is the Best Use for My Settlement Checks Post-Accident?
- What Should I Use My Settlement Check For?
- When to Call a Lawyer: Hurt During the Holidays
- What Do I Need to Know About the Hiring Process for Lawyers?
- How to Have a Successful Relationship With Your Personal Injury Lawyer
- Can I Afford a Lawyer Without Any Insurance?
- How to Prepare for the First Meeting With a Personal Injury Lawyer
- What Is the Process for Hiring Your First Lawyer?
- When Should I See a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- How Much Is a Permanent Injury Worth?
- How Do I Cash in My Personal Injury Settlement Check?
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Settlement Process
- Morgan & Morgan Settlement Cases
- How to Find a Good Lawyer Near Me
- Do’s and Don’ts for Your Personal Injury Claim
- Where to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
- Where Can I Get Help With My Personal Injury Case?
- Who Should I Call if I'm Hurt While Away From Home?
- What Is a Fair Settlement for Pain and Suffering?
- Does Morgan and Morgan Take Any Case?
- What Are the Stages of a Personal Injury Claim?
- How Is Damage Determined in a Lawsuit?
- Is a Settlement Considered a Win?
- How Much Compensation Will I Receive for Neck and Shoulder Injuries?
- How Much Is a Bulging Disc Injury Worth?
- What Is Considered a Good Settlement Offer?
- Do You Pay Morgan & Morgan if You Lose?
- Who Should I Contact if I'm Having a Difficult Time Understanding Law Practices?
- Should I Get Multiple Lawyers for My Injury Case?
- What Are Some Signs That You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- What Is the Difference Between Bodily Injury and Personal Injury?
- Can You Sue a School District for Emotional Distress?
- How Do You Cash a Settlement Check?
- How Should I Spend My Settlement Check?
- What Are Some Reasons a Lawyer Might Not Take Your Personal Injury Case?
- What Is a Characters for Hire Lawsuit?
- Calculating Damages in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
- What Are the Costs and Recovery Time for a Broken Pelvis?
- What Are Some Examples of Lawyer Fees for Personal Injury Cases?
- Where Can I Find the Best Ethical Malpractice Lawyers Near Me?
- What Does a Suit Mean?
- How Do Lawyers Determine Pain and Suffering?
- Where Do I Go to Get the Settlement Check for My Neck Injuries?
- What Is a Typical Personal Injury Settlement Amount?
- How Difficult Is Calculating Damages in a Lawsuit?
- What Questions Are Asked During a Deposition?
- How Can I Get Compensation for a Crushed Pelvis?
- How Much Can I Expect to Recover From a 3M Lawsuit?
- Where Do I Sign My Settlement Papers?
- How Long Can You Keep a Check Without Cashing It?
- What Should I Do if I Receive a Phone Call Saying Someone Is Taking Legal Action Against Me?
Personal Injury Claims & Insurers
Have you been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence? If so, it may seem as if your world has suddenly turned upside down. Before the injury, you were working, enjoying life, and feeling great. Now you’re in pain, unable to work, and worried about how you’ll pay that mounting stack of medical bills while also still providing for your family.
If this situation sounds familiar, you may have filed an insurance claim, hoping to recover the compensation you desperately needed to move forward with your life, only to be told by the insurer that your claim was "exaggerated." What does that mean? And what rights do you have? These are important questions to ask, and at Morgan and Morgan, we’re here to help you understand the answers.
Who Files a False Claim?
First, it’s important to understand that, unfortunately, there are dishonest people in the world. Sometimes, people do file claims that are either entirely false or that are greatly exaggerated. This can happen when:
- Some people injure themselves and falsely blame that injury on another person.
- Some people pretend their injuries are worse than they actually are;
- Some people stage accidents entirely, even when they didn’t actually occur;
- Some people inflate their medical bills;
- Some people pretend they can’t work when they actually can;
- And the list goes on.
Unfortunately, some people do these things. By doing so, they not only put themselves in a place where they may face legal consequences, but they also create unnecessary difficulty for those filing legitimate claims for legitimate injuries.
What Effect Can This Have on My Claim?
Sometimes, an insurance company may review your claim and tell you it was exaggerated—and many times, this simply isn’t the case at all. Understandably, if you are an honest person who was truly injured, you need and deserve compensation for those injuries. To be told that your claim is exaggerated can be extremely frustrating. Instead of getting frustrated, though, you should seek help.
At Morgan and Morgan, that’s why we’re here. We understand the anger and frustration of claimants who were injured through no fault of their own, and who deserve recovery. We also understand insurance companies—how they operate, and the best strategies to use on your behalf in response. We’re here to help.
Call Morgan and Morgan Today
If you have a genuine and real personal injury claim, then you should be able to fight for and recover the compensation you deserve. The behavior of some dishonest individuals can, unfortunately, make doing so more difficult than it should be. That's why you need a team of attorneys on your side that know how to fight back against the insurance companies and to pursue your claim for what it’s truly worth. At Morgan and Morgan, we are that team.
For decades, our dedicated and experienced attorneys have been fighting for clients just like you—clients who were injured through no fault of their own, and who deserve to be able to recover from their injuries and move forward with their lives without being financially ruined. We are very proud of our reputation for recovering more than $ftp_global_var:total_funds_recovered_count] billion for our clients, and we would consider it a privilege to fight for you, too.
When you choose Morgan and Morgan, you are choosing a step forward toward a brighter future. You are choosing to stand up to insurance companies who want to value your claim for less than what it’s worth. You are choosing a team that’s for the People, instead of the powerful.
Take that first step today by contacting us for a free, no-risk case evaluation. We look forward to helping you soon.