Personal Injury Attorney in Waltham
Legal services in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts are provided by Morgan & Morgan Boston, PLLC.1601 Trapelo Rd., Suite 174
Waltham, MA 02451
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Waltham
When you've been injured in an accident that wasn't your fault, it can be difficult to know where to turn. If you're considering filing a personal injury claim, you will benefit from speaking to a lawyer. Personal injury lawyers are experienced in dealing with all types of claims, from traffic accidents to workplace injuries. They can offer advice on the best course of action to take and can help to gather evidence to support your claim. A lawyer will review your case and determine if you have a claim, and if so, the lawyer will then work with you to gather evidence and build a strong case. The goal is to get you the compensation you need so you can focus on your recovery. The Morgan & Morgan personal injury lawyers in Waltham can help you with any type of claim. We have been handling personal injury cases for decades and have experience litigating and negotiating.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Recent verdicts & settlements
Scroll down for more
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
What Is a Personal Injury Lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer helps individuals who have been injured, physically or emotionally, as a result of someone else’s negligence. Responsible parties can include an individual, a company, a government agency, or any other entity. Examples of practice areas covered by personal injury lawyers include but are not limited to vehicle accidents, slip & fall accidents, medical malpractice, birth injuries, defective products liability, and wrongful death.
What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
Personal injury lawyers have many responsibilities. The main duties of a personal injury lawyer include:
- Research the law and stay up-to-date on developments that could affect clients’ cases.
- Interview witnesses and gather evidence related to the client’s case.
- Work with expert witnesses who can provide valuable information and testimony on behalf of the client.
- Prepare cases for trial by conducting discovery, which is the process of gathering information through written questions (interrogatories) and depositions (testimony under oath).
- Adhere to deadlines for filing lawsuits and other documents related to the case.
- Zealously advocate on behalf of the client to ensure that justice is served.
- Effectively communicate with and listen to clients, the defendant’s attorney, judges, juries, court staff, etc.
- Provide clients with realistic expectations regarding the outcome of their case
Personal injury lawsuits can be complex and time-consuming; however, working with a lawyer can make the process much simpler and increase your chances of obtaining the compensation you deserve.
How to Make a Claim After Being Injured in an Accident?
You've been in an accident and you're injured. You may be wondering how to make a personal injury claim. Here are the steps you need to take:
1. Get medical attention. This is the most important thing you can do after an accident. See a doctor or go to the hospital as soon as possible. Even if you don't feel seriously injured, it's important to get looked at. Certain injuries may not present themselves immediately or outwardly, so seeing a professional is crucial.
2. Gather evidence. Once you've seen a doctor, start gathering evidence to support your claim. This includes things like police reports, medical records, and photos of the accident scene and your injuries.
3. Find a personal injury lawyer. It's important to find a lawyer who specializes in personal injury law and who has experience handling cases like yours. A good lawyer will be able to give you an idea of how strong your case is and what you can expect in terms of compensation.
4. File your claim. Your lawyer will help you file your claim with the insurance company or, if necessary, in court.
5. Negotiate a settlement. Once your claim has been filed, the insurance company will investigate it and determine how much they are willing to offer you. Your lawyer will help you negotiate a fair settlement that covers all your damages, including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What are The Reasons You Need a Personal Injury Attorney After an Accident?
When you’ve been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you might be wondering whether or not you need a personal injury lawyer. It’s always a good idea to consult with a lawyer, but only you can make that decision. You should hire a personal injury lawyer for the following reasons:
A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Get You the Maximum Compensation Possible
After being injured in an accident, you may be out of work and have expensive medical bills piling up. The last thing you want to worry about is how to pay your bills and whether you can afford a lawyer. Fortunately, personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means they don’t get paid unless they win your case. So, you can rest assured that they will do everything they can to get you the maximum compensation possible.
The Insurance Company Is Not on Your Side
The insurance company’s goal is to settle your claim for as little money as possible—and they will use every trick in the book to achieve that goal. An experienced personal injury attorney will level the playing field by fighting for your rights and making sure you are treated fairly.
You Need Someone in Your Corner Who Understands the Law
The law is complicated, and the insurance company will have a team of lawyers working on their behalf. You need someone in your corner who knows the law and can fight for your rights. A personal injury attorney will investigate your case, gather evidence, and build a strong argument on your behalf.
You Should Have the Time to Focus on Recovering
After an accident, the last thing you want to worry about is dealing with the legalities of your case—and that’s where a personal injury attorney comes in. They will handle all the legwork so that you can focus on what’s most important: recovery.
What is The Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims in Waltham?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is three years from the date of the injury, meaning you must file your claim within three years of the accident. If you wait any longer than that, your claim will likely be barred by the statute of limitations.
There are a few exceptions to this rule. For instance, if the injury was not discovered until after the three-year period had passed, you may have additional time to file a claim. Additionally, if the person who caused your injuries was out of state after the accident and you were unable to serve them, the statute of limitations may be extended.
If you have been injured in an accident, it is important to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your legal options and make sure that your claim is filed within the applicable timeframe.
What Questions Should I Ask a Potential Personal Injury Lawyer Before Hiring Them?
Choosing the right personal injury lawyer is an important decision. After all, this is the person who will be representing you in court and fighting to get you the compensation you deserve. To ensure that you're making the best decision for your case, consider asking the following questions to any potential personal injury lawyer before hiring them.
1. What is your experience with cases like mine?
You want to hire a lawyer who has plenty of experience with cases similar to yours. This way, you know that they understand the ins and outs of the law and have a good chance of winning your case. Having experience with other areas of the law isn’t necessarily helpful.
2. Have you ever gone to trial?
Some lawyers prefer to settle cases out of court, while others are more comfortable taking them to trial. There's no right or wrong answer here, but it's important to know what your lawyer's preference is. That way, you can be sure that they're prepared to do whatever is necessary to get you the best possible outcome.
3. How do you calculate my potential settlement?
Personal injury settlements are typically calculated based on things like medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. However, every lawyer has their own method for calculating these things and determining what they think your case is worth. Asking about how they calculate settlements will give you some insight.
4. Do I need to pay anything upfront?
Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means they only get paid if they win your case. However, there are some lawyers who charge hourly rates or require a retainer fee. Be sure to ask about this before hiring a lawyer so there are no surprises down the road.
Can I Recover Compensation if I Was Partially Responsible for My Injury?
When it comes to personal injury claims, Massachusetts is known as a "modified comparative negligence" state. This means that if you are found to be partially responsible for an accident, you may still be able to recover damages, but those damages will be reduced
Under this system, each party is assigned a percentage of fault based on their level of culpability. If a plaintiff is found to be more than 50% at fault for an accident, they will be barred from recovering any compensation from the other at-fault parties. However, if you are 50 percent or less at fault, you can recover damages that are reduced based on your percentage of liability.
Let’s take a car accident as an example. The courts will consider all relevant factors when assigning percentages of fault, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Whether either party violated a traffic law;
- Whether either party was intoxicated at the time of the accident;
- Whether either party was distracted (e.g., by a cell phone);
- The respective speeds of each party at the time of the accident;
- Conditions and maintenance of the vehicles;
- Road conditions; and
- Weather conditions.
For example, assume that Party A rear-ends Party B while Party B is stopped at a red light. Party B had one brake light that wasn’t working. Further, assume that Party A was speeding and texting on their cell phone at the time of the accident. The court could find that Party A was 90% at fault and Party B was 10% at fault. This would mean that Party B could recover up to 90% of the awarded damages from Party A.
If you sustained an injury in an accident where multiple parties may be at fault, contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Contact the Morgan & Morgan Personal Injury Lawyers in Waltham
When most people think of personal injury claims, they think of car accidents. However, there are many other types of accidents that can result in personal injury. For example, slips and falls, dog bites, and even medical malpractice can all lead to personal injury claims. If you have been the victim of an accident that has left you injured, you may be wondering if you have a case. The first step is to reach out to a lawyer. The Morgan & Morgan personal injury lawyers in Waltham are always here to help. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you won't have to pay anything upfront. If your claim is successful, we get paid a percentage of your award; you never pay us out of your own pocket. Making a personal injury claim can be daunting, but with the help of a professional, you can get the compensation you deserve.
Contact Morgan & Morgan to schedule a free consultation.