Charleston, WV Dog Bite
Dogs have moods, temperaments, and instincts, just like people do; unfortunately, they don’t have the same ability to communicate. Even the friendliest animal-lovers may suddenly find themselves victim to a dog bite. Although the incident may not have necessarily been the dog’s fault, the victim may be owed compensation for their injury.
At Morgan & Morgan, we fight For The People. We’ve won more than $9 billion for our clients across all of our practice areas, and we make ourselves available 24/7. If you’re in need of a dog bite lawyer in Charleston, West Virginia, fill out our free, no-risk case review form today.
Types of Dog Bite Injuries
No matter where you are when it happens, being bitten by a dog can be a frightening and unexpected occurrence. However, the location where the bite takes place does make a difference when it comes to filing a lawsuit.
- On the job: Many jobs may require you to be on people’s private property throughout the day. If you’re a plumber, electrician, or delivery person, for example, you may encounter residences that have dogs. If you’re bitten while you’re on the job, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Filing a workers’ compensation claim doesn’t prevent you from filing an additional claim against the owner of the dog.
- Off the job: If you’re bitten by a dog while on private property for reasons unrelated to work, like visiting a friend, homeowners’ insurance may cover the damages. Similarly, if you’re in a vehicle when you’re bitten, auto insurance may provide coverage. Some dog owners also have animal insurance.
What a Dog Bite Lawyer Can Do
Dog bite cases can be tricky because there are so many factors at play. Fortunately, Morgan & Morgan’s dog bite lawyers have many years of experience in handling these cases. We assess the severity of the injury and the short- and long-term health implications for the victim. Then we fight to recover full and fair compensation.
These are some of the damages you might seek in a dog bite claim:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages from missing work or losing a job
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress from the experience itself
You Can Afford Us
Finding a great lawyer and realizing they’re out of your price range can be discouraging, but you’ll never have that problem with Morgan & Morgan. Our contingency fee stipulates that we don’t get paid unless we win your case. You won’t have to pay anything upfront, and our fee will ultimately come out of the winnings or successful pretrial resolution. We’re proud to give you the best representation possible without putting you at any financial risk.
Morgan & Morgan Can Help
If you’ve suffered a dog bite and you’re unsure of what to do, don’t wait to contact Morgan & Morgan. We understand the hardships that can come along the road to healing, and it’s our job to get you full and fair compensation so you can focus on your recovery.
All law firms are not the same, and there’s only one Morgan & Morgan. Fill out a free case evaluation form to find out how we can help.