Boston Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can be among the most horrific, gruesome accidents on the road. Defensive driving is increasingly important for both motorcyclists and drivers of other vehicles, as the consequences of a motorcycle crash could be dire.
For over 25 years, the attorneys at Morgan & Morgan have been helping motorcycle accident victims and their families. Our track record of success has allowed our clients to recover financially from devastating crashes and the serious, potentially life-threatening injuries they can cause. We can help you seek compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and various other losses that you suffered.
The statute of limitations on personal injury cases for Massachusetts is three years. If you or someone you know has been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact our Boston office. We may be able to help investigate and determine if someone else’s negligence was at fault.
For more information, fill out our case evaluation form at no cost or obligation.
What Motorcycle Cases Have We Handled?
Motorcycle accidents lend themselves to a variety of cases. What these cases share, though, is proving that the other party in the accident was negligent, and caused the crash. There must be definitive evidence that the other party acted in a way that was careless or unreasonable compared to how other drivers in the same situation would have acted.
For example, was the other driver in the accident texting while driving and not fully focused on the road when the accident occurred? If so, that was a negligent act, and you may be able to file a lawsuit against that person.
This example, and far more, are the types of motorcycle accident cases that Morgan & Morgan lawyers are experienced in and equipped to handle. Other examples include:
- Cutting off a motorcyclist at an intersection;
- Failure to recognize or yield to a motorcycle in traffic;
- Distracted driving;
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol;
- Violating the right of way of a motorcyclist;
- Motorcycle defects such as malfunctioning tires or faulty brakes; and
- Road defects - potholes, gashes in the road, etc.
What Can Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Do For You?
While you focus on recovering from your motorcycle injury, a Morgan & Morgan attorney can take the more stressful, time-consuming elements off your hands. And there are many of those.
The three-year statute of limitations you have to file a personal injury lawsuit can seem like a long time, but there are a lot of steps we do to ensure that you have the best possible case, and it is important to allow as much as time as possible for that to happen. Some of the major things a motorcycle accident attorney can do for you include:
- Investigate the Accident: Investigating the details and figuring out the cause of your accident involves a lot of work to gather evidence. This can mean getting photographs of the accident scene, obtaining traffic camera footage of the accident, and interviewing witnesses. Records can be subpoenaed in certain circumstances - we may acquire phone records, for example, if we suspect the other driver was on their phone at the time of the crash. In some cases, it’s also possible we can work with accident reconstruction experts to get a better sense of the accident.
- Work With Experts: Medical experts can come in handy for all personal injury cases, but especially in motorcycle accident cases, where injuries may be more severe and debilitating. Dealing with experts, we can get an idea of the full extent of your injuries, your current condition, how you will be impacted in the future, and what medical treatment you’ll need to make a full recovery. These reports and testimonies can be submitted to defendants or, if need be, a jury.
- Communicate with Insurance Companies: We deal directly with insurance companies to make sure they don’t offer you less than you are entitled to, and can help you with paperwor to avoid errors.
- Negotiate Settlements: Many motorcycle accidents never go to trial. If the defendant’s insurance company offers you a settlement, your attorney will thoroughly evaluate this offer to make sure it’s an amount that is reasonable for your injuries and treatment. If they feel that the offer is too low, they may negotiate with the insurance company for a higher settlement. The previously mentioned medical expert reports can come into play during these settlements.
- Prepare and Take Your Case to Trial: If settlements stall and the settlement offer remains low, our Boston attorneys are experienced trial lawyers, and we will prepare to take your case to trial. The evidence gathered in the investigation will be presented to a jury to determine what you may receive.
The Compensation You Could Possibly Recover
Several different factors will determine how much compensation you could potentially get. These factors, like your specific injuries and how they impact your ability to work, will be presented in a case as damages that you are owed for. These damages can include:
- Medical expenses. This includes both past and future expenses, ranging from hospital bills and doctor’s visits to in-home rehabilitation expenses.
- Lost wages and loss of earning capacity. Lost wage damages can be awarded if you missed an extended period of time at work. If your injury has negatively impacted your ability to work or find work, compensation can be awarded to reflect that as well.
- Pain and suffering. This counts both physical pain and emotional pain endured from the accident and in the aftermath.
- Wrongful death. In the event of a death in the accident, the victim’s family may be compensated for medical bills and funeral expenses, in addition to compensation for loss of income.
- Punitive damages. In cases that involve accidents caused by recklessness and extreme negligence (such as drunk driving), punitive damages may be awarded to discourage the defendant and other drivers from acting in a similar manner.
Learn More About Morgan & Morgan’s Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Don’t hesitate to contact Morgan & Morgan’s Boston office if you or a loved one have been hurt in a motorcycle accident. You could be owed compensation for your medical bills, missed work, and more. Contact us today and fill out our free, no-obligation case evaluation form.
Offices near New York
Current call wait: 8 seconds