Following a record-shattering 2020, experts say we’re in for another above-normal Atlantic hurricane season. In light of that, we put together a hurricane kit to help you stay safe in the months ahead.
Bonus Preparation Tips
In addition to the steps detailed above, be sure to...
- Monitor the news (if possible) for storm updates
- Fill plastic bottles, bathtubs, and sinks with water for flushing toilets and washing clothes
- Bring patio furniture and other loose outdoor items inside
- Move your valuables upstairs in the event of flooding
- Unplug small appliances
- Turn off utilities as directed by authorities
- Keep important documents on hand (passport, license, insurance policies, prescriptions)
After the Storm
At Morgan & Morgan, we’re always here for you—before, during, and after the storm. If the insurance company refuses to pay your claim in full, contact us. Our attorneys are prepared to fight on your behalf to hold them accountable and to ensure that your family receives what you are owed.
Stay safe this season, and if you need us, just fill out a free case evaluation form.