Why Hire a Birmingham Car Accident Lawyer?
You may be on the fence about hiring a personal injury attorney to handle your car accident case, but here’s a statistic you should know: On average, auto accident victims who hire a lawyer generally win triple the amount of compensation as those who don’t.
The reason why is simple: Personal injury lawyers understand how to value a settlement and negotiate with the insurance company. The fact is, insurance providers often deny claims and make lowball settlement offers to desperate injury victims in an effort to protect the company’s bottom line. Our attorneys have the resources to take on the most powerful insurers. If they’re unwilling to negotiate fairly, we’ll present your case in the strongest terms at trial.
Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning it costs nothing upfront, and we get paid only if your case is successful.
How Much Is My Case Worth?
At Morgan & Morgan, we’ve spent more than 30 years fighting For The People, so auto accident claims and personal injury cases are nothing new to us. Unfortunately, there’s no formula for predicting how much a case will be worth without first reviewing the evidence. That said, there are two things you can count on:
- The insurance company will try to pay you as little as they can
- You shouldn’t settle for less than your case is worth
To date, our attorneys have won upwards of $9 billion for people who have been injured. Let us fight on your behalf to secure a favorable settlement or verdict.
What Is the Lawsuit Process?
Although no two cases are the same, they often evolve like this:
- Your attorney will draft a complaint alleging what the defendant did wrong and proposing a corrective action.
- After filing the complaint, your attorney and the defense will exchange information (known as discovery).
- At any point before the trial, the two sides can agree to a settlement. Your attorney will outline your options and help you decide if the settlement offer is adequate.
- If a settlement is not reached, your attorney will present your case in front of a judge. If you win, the defendant will be directed to pay you a specific sum of money.
How Long Will My Case Take?
As you can see from the steps outlined above, personal injury cases are complex. Therefore, settlements and trials can take months, if not years, to wrap up. No matter what, it’s important not to give in and accept an insufficient settlement. Our attorneys understand that getting things done quickly is important, but above all else, we want the best possible outcome for you.
Why Morgan & Morgan?
Why do injury victims in Birmingham and all over the country call on Morgan & Morgan? It’s more than just results. It’s that we’ve never lost focus of what’s most important: treating you like family. We will:
- Provide around-the-clock access to our legal team
- Assign attorneys to your case who have a stellar track record
- Handle your case from start to finish
- Provide updates throughout the process
Contact a Birmingham Personal Injury Lawyer
An injury can have a devastating effect on you financially. We understand that it might be tempting to accept the first settlement offer you receive so you can start paying off all your expenses. However, you’re better off in the long run with the help of a Morgan & Morgan attorney. Let us fight on your behalf to secure justice and financial compensation.
To get started, schedule a free case evaluation. Remember, it costs nothing upfront, and we get paid only if you win. Contact us today.