According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 2021 saw over 10 percent more motor vehicle fatalities than 2020. However, if you suffered significant injuries or a loved one died in a car crash, you could have a legal claim and receive compensation. A settlement could cover medical bills, lost wages, car damage, and other expenses.
However, getting what you deserve can be tricky, especially if your car accident case is complex or you had some fault in the accident. Morgan & Morgan’s experienced car accident lawyers want to help. We can fight for the maximum potential compensation so you can rebuild your life and avert financial chaos. Contact us today for a free case evaluation to determine your next best steps.
Morgan & Morgan’s Biggest Wins in 2021 Car Accident Cases
Morgan & Morgan’s attorneys worked hard to get crash victims the settlement or verdict they deserved in 2021. Some of our many successful cases include:
- Morgan & Morgan secured a $120 million verdict against the City of Gainesville for a client who was left paralyzed after a severe motor vehicle accident.
- We recovered $7 million for a client who suffered significant injuries in a car accident in Jacksonville.
- Our car accident attorneys reached a $6.64 million verdict for a client who suffered back and head injuries in an Orlando car crash. The insurance carrier, National Specialty Insurance Company, had offered only $400,000 for our client’s extensive injuries and losses.
- We won a $5.3 million verdict against State Farm Insurance Company for a client who suffered severe back, neck, and arm injuries in a Florida car crash.
- Our client, who suffered debilitating back injuries in an Orlando accident, including herniated and ruptured discs, won a $4.35 million verdict thanks to our tenacious attorneys. The insurer had offered only $42,000.
This is just a small selection of the car crash claims Morgan & Morgan’s tenacious car accident lawyers won in 2021. In many cases, insurance carriers made initial lowball settlement offers, but our clients knew they deserved much more and trusted us to deliver. Morgan & Morgan stepped in and fought tooth and nail for adequate compensation.
If you were involved in a crash, do not let an insurance provider walk all over you. Contact us immediately when you are having trouble recovering what you truly deserve.
Do You Have a Car Accident Case?
If you experienced a crash and injuries, you may be looking to determine whether you have legal recourse and could recover damages from the party or parties responsible for the collision.
Another Driver Could Be Responsible for Your Injuries
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says that most car crashes occur due to driver negligence and errors, such as:
- Speeding or driving too fast for weather and road conditions
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Distracted driving
- Driving a defective car
- Fatigued driving
- Violating traffic laws
- Ignoring traffic signals
- Driving generally recklessly
If you suffered injuries and financial losses due to a careless or reckless motorist, Morgan & Morgan could help you pursue compensation.
You Could Have a Case Against a Local Government Entity
State governments are usually responsible for inspecting and maintaining roads. If your accident happened due to a poorly designed or badly maintained road, you might have legal recourse against the local government. Other examples of when your government may be responsible include:
- Unsafe road tilts and slants
- Damaged or overgrown road signs
- Untreated roads in winter weather
- Faded road markings
- Cracks and potholes in the road
- Missing guardrails
- Debris on the road
- Unsafe traffic management in construction zones
Filing a claim against a local government agency can be challenging and involve various hurdles. If you suspect that a bad road caused or contributed to your accident, you should get a seasoned car accident lawyer on your side as soon as possible.
A Car Manufacturer Could Be Liable
A car or part manufacturer could be responsible for your damages if you experience an accident due to a defective car. Common car defects can include:
- Faulty seat belts and airbags
- Defective fuel systems
- Malfunctioning brakes
- Problems with steering components
- Defective tires
Unfortunately, drivers may not understand that their accident happened due to a car defect. As a result, they may not know they could qualify for damages from a manufacturer. However, you could be entitled to compensation even in a single-car accident. Our attorneys work with professional crash investigators who can get to the bottom of your accident and determine who or what caused your crash.
Injuries in 2021 Car Accident Cases
Serious car accidents can cause catastrophic and lifelong injuries, potentially changing victims’ lives forever. As we have seen, fatalities increased markedly in 2021 compared to the previous year. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that there were also more non-fatal crash injuries in 2021. Typical car injuries include:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Dislocations and fractures
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis
- Internal organ damage and internal bleeding
- Anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder
Injuries can come with astronomical medical and rehabilitation expenses. If someone else is responsible for your crash, you should not have to carry the financial burden alone. Seeking legal advice immediately after a car accident can give you the best chance of recovering adequate compensation for your injuries.