What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
Our personal injury attorneys can’t take away your injury, but we can help you seek justice and compensation. Injuries don’t solely cause physical pain; they also come with tremendous emotional and financial burdens. It’s our job to get you restitution so you can focus on healing.
The legal team at our St. Louis office can:
- Investigate the cause of your injury
- Identify the person or party liable for your losses
- Evaluate the short- and long-term effects of your injury
- Collect police reports, witness statements, and other evidence in support of your claim
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company
- Prepare your case for trial if the insurance company is unwilling to negotiate fairly
Keep in mind, the insurance company is in the business of protecting their bottom line, not yours. Chances are, they’ll do all they can to minimize your payout. Our attorneys understand how to identify the true value of your claim, and won’t settle for anything less than full compensation. If the insurance company won’t deal in good faith, we’re not afraid to go to trial.
What Types of Compensation Can I Recover?
The following types of compensation may be available in a personal injury lawsuit:
- Past and future medical bills (e.g., hospital stays, medication, surgery, therapy, and rehabilitation)
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages (intended to punish the guilty party for behavior that is especially reckless)
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral expenses (in the event of a loved one’s passing)
Can I Afford a Lawyer?
You might think you can’t afford to hire an attorney, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, Morgan & Morgan attorneys work on a contingency basis, meaning it costs nothing to hire us and we get paid only if your case is successful. There are no out-of-pocket expenses and no upfront fees, and the money we earn is a fraction of the jury award or settlement we obtain.
Contact a St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been injured, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. Find out by contacting Morgan & Morgan’s St. Louis office.
To get started, schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation.