Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Kansas City
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Kansas City Nursing Home & Elder Abuse
When we entrust our vulnerable loved ones to someone else’s care, we don’t expect them to suffer abuse or neglect. But all too often, senior citizens are harmed or exploited by unscrupulous people.
According to the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services, experts believe that for every case of adult abuse reported, as many as twenty-three cases go unreported. So, if you see signs of abuse or neglect, report your concerns immediately to the proper authorities and contact Morgan & Morgan. Our nursing home abuse attorneys have years of experience in handling cases of elder abuse. We will contact the care provider, document the scene and relevant evidence, and take action to protect the victim.
The attorneys in our Kansas City office can help you recover compensation for the abuse suffered by you or your loved one and help prevent such abuse from happening again. We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Types of Nursing Home/Elder Abuse
Elder abuse can take many forms. All forms of abuse and neglect are unjustified and can cause harm to a senior citizen.
- Physical Abuse: Seniors may suffer physical injuries due to mistreatment.
- Mental/Emotional Abuse: Seniors may be victimized by threats, intimidation, or bullying that causes them to fear for their physical safety and to be afraid to speak up.
- Sexual Abuse: Vulnerable seniors may suffer from unwanted sexual contact.
- Financial Exploitation: Seniors may be forced or manipulated into signing financial or legal documents or giving away money or property.
- Neglect: Caregivers may fail to provide adequate basic care for seniors, including bathing, feeding, repositioning, and medications.
- Medical Mistakes: Just like hospitals, nursing homes may make medical mistakes that cause harm to a senior.
The compensation available to a victim of elder abuse may vary depending upon the type and degree of abuse. Typical categories of potential compensation include:
- Medical Expenses include expenses incurred for medical treatment required as a result of the abuse.
- Loss Property Value is the value of the victim’s property that was improperly taken or damaged.
- Non-Economic Damages may include pain and suffering, or mental and emotional distress suffered as a result of the abuse.
- Punitive Damages may be available in cases where the abuser intentionally harmed the senior without just cause or acted with a deliberate and flagrant disregard for the senior’s safety.
Contact Morgan & Morgan today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. Even if the authorities are already investigating the matter, hiring your own attorney to pursue a civil claim against the wrongdoer can result in greater compensation than a criminal case alone. Nursing homes will have attorneys protecting their interests. We will protect yours.
You Can Afford the Best Representation for Your Loved One
Senior citizens deserve respect and proper care. Elder abuse is an urgent situation that needs to be addressed immediately.
At Morgan & Morgan, we don’t charge any out-of-pocket costs, making it easy for you to quickly hire one of our skilled attorneys to protect you or your loved one. We’ve already won over $15 billion for more than 300,000 clients, and we’ll put our experience to work for you. Contact us today to get started.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews