Medical Malpractice Attorney in Kansas City
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Kansas City Medical Malpractice
If you were injured due to a medical professional’s negligence, you deserve compensation for your losses. Morgan & Morgan’s Kansas City attorneys may be able to help.
Medical malpractice lawsuits are unique in that they intertwine two areas of expertise: law and medicine. You need an attorney who is not only well-versed in these subjects but who is also willing to do whatever it takes to get the best results for your case.
Morgan & Morgan’s medical malpractice attorneys specialize in these cases and are willing to go to trial if that’s what’s necessary to recover full and fair compensation. Our law firm has a long track record of securing substantial verdicts and settlements.
If you were the victim of medical malpractice, schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation to speak with one of our Kansas City attorneys.
Recent verdicts & settlements
Scroll down for more
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Doctors, surgeons, and other healthcare professionals have a duty to meet a standard of care when treating patients. If they fail to meet their obligation and a patient gets hurt, the victim can file a medical malpractice lawsuit to recover damages.
There are many examples of medical malpractice, including:
- Anesthesia errors such as administering the wrong type or dose of anesthesia. These mistakes can cause intraoperative awareness, in which the patient is conscious during surgery.
- Birth injuries caused by excessive force, oxygen deprivation, or delayed C-section. Common birth injuries include cerebral palsy, brachial plexus palsy, and Erb’s palsy.
- Emergency room errors such as misreading x-rays or neglecting to monitor a patient.
- Hospital malpractice if the hospital fails to adequately staff the facility or hires someone who isn’t qualified.
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis due to a doctor’s negligence (e.g., they failed to recognize key symptoms, didn’t listen to the patient, or failed to order important tests).
- Postoperative negligence such as failure to monitor vital signs or correctly prescribe medicine to assist in the recovery process. Infections and illnesses such as sepsis, viral infections, and blood clots can all result from postoperative negligence.
The above is far from an exhaustive list. If you’re not sure if your circumstance constitutes medical malpractice, contact us.
What Damages Are Available In Medical Malpractice Cases?
If you were the victim of medical malpractice, you may be eligible to recover damages including:
- Medical expenses to cover physical therapy, prescription drugs, hospital stays, and other past and future medical costs
- Lost wages if you’re forced out of work due to your injury
- Diminished earning capacity if your injury affects your long-term earning prospects
- Pain and suffering for your physical pain and emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium if you are a surviving family member
- Other relevant damages (e.g., disfigurement, loss of life’s enjoyment)
Contact Our Kansas City Attorneys
All law firms are not the same. They don’t all have an army of over 800 lawyers fighting For The People, Not The Powerful, and they don’t all have a glowing track record that includes more than $15 billion won.
Our attorneys specialize in medical malpractice and have a firm understanding of how to navigate these cases. We’ll consult experts and you’ll benefit from the backing of America’s largest injury law firm. What’s more, it costs nothing to hire us, and we get paid only if you win.
Find out why there’s only one Morgan & Morgan. Contact us for a free, no-risk case evaluation.