- $13 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Best Car Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas
La Vegas is well known as the Entertainment Capital of the World. The nightlife is world-renowned, the resorts are unlike any other in the country, and the dining is to die for. And, of course, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
Unless that is, you’re involved in a car accident. Did you know that approximately 44% of all Nevada car crashes happen in the American City of Lights? If you’ve been involved in an accident in the city, you need to know more about hiring the best car accident lawyer in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas Car Accident Statistics
In 2019, there were 284 vehicle-related fatalities reported in Nevada. Of those fatalities, 185 happened in Clark County, of which Las Vegas is the county seat.
Between 2012 and 2016, 65% of Nevada’s impaired driving crashes occurred in Clark County.
In Nevada, there are 1.17 auto accident-related deaths per 100 million miles. The national average is 1.11 deaths per 100 million miles.
In 2021, fatal hit and run accidents have increased by 450% in Las Vegas.
As you can see, driving in Las Vegas can be just as risky as trying your luck at roulette. Even pedestrians are at risk; you can be involved in an automobile-related accident simply by walking across a Las Vegas street at a crosswalk.
Accidents happen—that’s why they’re called accidents. But experiencing a car accident, regardless of who was at fault, can be an extremely traumatic experience. If you’ve been in any way impacted by an auto accident, you need to know how to hire the best car accident lawyer in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas Car Accidents and Car Insurance
Nevada is what’s called an “at-fault” state. What does that mean? Well, you are required to carry car insurance on your vehicle in Nevada. If you’re involved in an accident, the insurance companies, along with law enforcement, will determine who was to blame for the wreck.
If you’re found to be at fault, your insurance will pay for the following expenses, at a minimum:
- Bodily injury: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Damage to property: $50,000
- Expenses incurred due to uninsured motorists: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
However, it’s important for you to understand that this coverage only protects the other driver. If you’re found to be at fault, you’re still responsible for your own property damage and medical expenses.
So, what happens if you’re not at fault? Imagine you’re seriously injured in an accident that’s caused by a drunk or distracted driver. That driver’s medical and property damage will cover you, but only so far.
What happens if you’re left unable to work or are hospitalized for a long period of time. Or, what if the unthinkable happens, and you’re left to cover funeral and burial expenses for a passenger? If you’re left permanently disabled, and need help with household duties or childcare?
You need an attorney. An experienced lawyer can help you collect the compensation you deserve if you’re involved in a car accident, especially if another driver is at fault.
When Should You Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
The moment you experience a car accident, dozens of thoughts rush through your mind. Am I okay? Are the kids okay? What about the other driver? What happened? How did I not see that coming?
Once the initial panic slows, the logistical questions begin to form. What about insurance? How will I get to work? How will I pay the hospital bills?
You don’t have to answer those questions on your own. Contact an attorney experienced in car accident cases to help you navigate through the insurance red tape, the hospital billing, and the court system to receive the compensation you deserve.
Your insurance company will begin processing your claim immediately. Of course, they’re in it to make money. The insurance company will do all they can to ensure they’re paying out the least amount of money possible.
Hire a car accident lawyer right away. From the moment that claim is filed, your attorney can begin to advocate for you with the insurance companies and other entities you’ll inevitably come into contact with.
You need an attorney if:
- You or a family member has sustained serious injuries related to a car crash.
- There’s a possibility the other driver or another entity may have been even partially at fault.
- A loved one or passenger dies in the accident.
- You don’t feel the sum offered by the insurance company is fair or accurate.
- You are permanently disabled as a result of the accident, causing you to make significant lifestyle changes.
Even if the insurance companies and law enforcement determine that you are to blame for an accident, it’s important that you contact an attorney. He or she can review your case; you still may be eligible for compensation.
Hiring the Best Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
Following your accident, you should hire the best car accident lawyer in Las Vegas as soon as you are able. How do you go about doing that? We have tips that will help you do just that.
Hiring a lawyer can be stressful. How do you know you can trust your representation? How do you know your attorney will fight hard for what you deserve? Here are a few ways you can narrow down your list of attorneys and ensure you’re hiring the best for your specific case.
- Do preliminary research into your attorney’s legal history. Does he or she specialize in car accident cases, or will this be one of their first? An attorney with experience knows “the ropes,” and will be able to more easily deal with hospitals, insurance companies, and the attorneys of the other driver.
- Check to make sure the attorney is licensed to practice in Las Vegas by searching the State Bar of Nevada’s tool. Check, too, for any disciplinary action taken against an attorney.
- Schedule an initial consultation with your attorney. If you’re hospitalized, that’s okay—a dedicated attorney will meet you wherever you’re able. Pay attention to the demeanor of your attorney. Are they answering your questions? Are they listening to your concerns? Are they knowledgeable about the lawsuit process? Are they honest in telling you that they’ll have to check back with you regarding anything they’re not certain about?
- Find out who will be responsible for your case. Will an attorney be handling it, or will she pass off duties to an assistant or paralegal? Will you be hiring an individual attorney or a team of lawyers who will advocate for you?
- Finally, trust your instinct. If you feel uncomfortable in any way with your attorney, it’s okay to search for new representation. Your case may take months, or it may take years. It’s important that you feel able to establish a working relationship with your lawyer.
What Compensation Am I Eligible For?
Car accident cases don’t always go to court. In some instances, you may be able to reach a settlement with the insurance company. However, as we mentioned, the insurance companies are for-profit businesses. They will usually offer the minimum payout possible in the interest of making money themselves.
In the event that your insurance company does not offer you a fair settlement, you may find your case in court.
As another example, imagine that you are left permanently disabled in an auto accident caused by a drunk driver. The other driver was uninsured, and your uninsured driver protection does not cover the costs of your lost wages, medical expenses, necessary modifications to your home, and long-term care.
You may find your case in court. After a car accident, you may not simply sue the responsible driver and his insurance company. You may also be able to sue the bar who served the alcohol, a government agency if there were unclear markings or road flaws, or even a vehicle manufacturer if a faulty vehicle was partially to blame.
As you can see, car accident lawsuits can be more complex than just seeking a fair insurance payout. Hiring the best car accident lawyer in Las Vegas is critical to the best outcome for your case.
Morgan & Morgan
What can I sue for after a car accident?
Your case will be unique to you, and we will be able to better outline the compensation you may be eligible for after your initial consultation. Generally, expenses that may be covered by your award include:
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Hospital bills
- Home or long-term care
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Modifications to your home due to disability
- Treatment for emotional distress
Again, this will be unique to your case, so schedule your consultation today.
How long will my lawsuit take in court?
If your case goes to court, it can last anywhere from several months to several years. There are many factors which will influence the length of time you will have to wait before receiving your settlement. Rest assured, however, that hiring the best car accident lawyer in Las Vegas will help expedite the process.
The insurance company said I was at fault. Do I still have a case?
You might. We would like to schedule a consultation with you, during which time we can assess whether there may have been external causes for your accident. Faulty equipment, roads in disrepair and other factors may impact your right to compensation.
I’ve settled with the insurance company. Can I still sue?
Possibly. We highly recommend, however, that you speak to an attorney prior to agreeing to or signing anything with an insurance company. Hiring the best car accident lawyer in Las Vegas will ensure you have an advocate who will fully understand what’s being presented by the insurance company.
This is not an insult to your intelligence. Because insurance companies are for-profit, it’s not unusual for these entities to attempt to “trick” accident victims into signing less-than-ideal settlements. Speak to an attorney first.
Are you ready to receive the compensation you deserve?
Call Morgan & Morgan or fill out this online form today to schedule your consultation. Our team of experienced car accident lawyers is ready to work hard to see that you are awarded fairly for the damages you’ve suffered.