For a long time, asbestos exposure has been a significant problem in Arkansas and across the United States. In fact, thousands of Americans face a mesothelioma cancer diagnosis every year as a result of exposure to asbestos.
For decades, companies in Jonesboro and throughout Arkansas used asbestos, all the while knowing and concealing its risks. The health of miners, construction workers, oil and gas workers, power plant workers, and many others were considered secondary to profits.
The mesothelioma attorneys at Morgan & Morgan’s Jonesboro office fight on behalf of the victims of asbestos exposure. The following information will explain how you can recover compensation in a mesothelioma claim.
Mesothelioma: Quick Facts
Here’s what you need to know about mesothelioma:
- Mesothelioma is caused by exposure to asbestos, meaning it’s a preventable disease.
- Most people with mesothelioma don’t know they have it until their symptoms have become severe and the disease has spread.
- There are multiple types of mesothelioma, each affecting a different part of the body.
- A mesothelioma diagnosis is more common later in life.
- The disease has a long latency period and may not surface for decades.
- Symptoms vary depending on the stage of the disease. Typically, they include wheezing, coughing, difficulty breathing, and chest or abdominal pain.
- There is no cure for mesothelioma, but your prognosis can fluctuate depending on your age, health, and what stage the disease is in.
Mesothelioma Claims in Arkansas: An Overview
Mesothelioma claims exist to help asbestos exposure victims and their families recover financial compensation to cover the costs of dealing with the disease. Claims fall into one of two categories:
- Personal Injury: Mesothelioma patients file these claims following their diagnosis.
- Wrongful Death: Claims are filed by family members of a loved one who has passed away.
Whichever claim is appropriate for your situation, it’s important to contact a Jonesboro mesothelioma lawyer right away. By taking legal action, you may be able to hold the responsible parties accountable and secure your family’s financial future.
Contact a Mesothelioma Attorney in Arkansas
Having the right legal representation on your side can make all the difference — all law firms are not the same. With more than 500 attorneys nationwide, Morgan & Morgan has the resources necessary to provide you the best service possible. For more than 30 years, we’ve been fighting for the rights of victims like you, recovering over $5 billion on their behalf. At Morgan & Morgan, we never settle for less than your case is worth — even if it means going to trial. And we never charge by the hour. We get paid only if we win for you. Find out what Morgan & Morgan can do for you by scheduling a free legal case evaluation today.
Offices near New York
Current call wait: 9 seconds