Clearing Up Homeowners Insurance Myths | Attorney Gina Kimmel


Although insurance companies should honor valid homeowners’ insurance claims, our attorneys have witnessed instances where companies have misinterpreted policies and claims to minimize payouts—or simply refused to pay. If you have a homeowner’s insurance claim that has been denied or undervalued, legal recourse may be available. Please fill out our no charge case review form to find out how our homeowner’s insurance claim dispute attorneys may be able to help you file a claim dispute to recover compensation for your losses.

Video thumbnail for sdioP6mTDyo
Hi, I'm Gina Kimmel, first-party attorney at Morgan & Morgan. I represent homeowners in dispute with their insurance companies. You do need to file a claim. Florida law allows your insurance company 90 days to either confirm or deny coverage, but we're available 24/7. Give us a call if you have any questions, as it relates to any type of insurance dispute. Homeowners insurance generally covers damages to your home, personal property, or other structures, other structures meaning your fence, a gazebo, an unattached garage, maybe a she shed, or a man cave. The types of damages that are generally covered in homeowners policies, wind, hail, theft, fire, things of that nature. Most insurance policies don't cover flood or other types of water damage. You need to make sure that your policy is pretty clear on what types of water damage it does cover. Reach out to your agent. Use them as a resource to determine what coverage you do have and what coverage you may need in the future. If you have a question about a claims decision, I would certainly reach out to an attorney. I always say, if your insurance company is slow to pay, low to pay, or says no to pay, call an attorney. And that is why we're here 24/7.