Morgan & Morgan’s industry-leading data privacy attorneys are investigating Connexin Software, Inc. (“Connexin”) regarding its recent data breach (which may be referred to as a “data event” or “data security incident”). The Connexin data breach involved sensitive, personally identifiable information that may have been exposed to an unauthorized individual.
We are investigating, among other things, the following:
- how Connexin acquired the sensitive information;
- whether Connexin should have had the sensitive information;
- whether and, if so, why Connexin stored this sensitive information in an Internet-accessible environment;
- whether Connexin encrypted the sensitive information;
- whether Connexin deleted sensitive information it no longer had a reasonable need to retain;
- whether Connexin implemented appropriate and adequate security measures to protect the sensitive information; and
- whether Connexin has provided affected individuals adequate protection and compensation for any harm, they have experienced as a result of the data breach.
Connexin provides electronic medical records and practice management software, billing services, and business analytic tools to pediatric physician practice groups. On or around November 14, 2022, Connexin reported that it experienced a data breach in which sensitive, personally identifiable information stored on its systems may have been exposed to an unauthorized individual. The breach reportedly happened on or before August 26, 2022, and the information accessed included personal information of children, including Social Security numbers. Recently, Connexin sent out data breach notification letters to those who were impacted by the breach.
If you received a data breach notification and would like to discuss it with an attorney, contact us today for a free case review.
We place a significant amount of trust in the companies we choose to share our information with, making the data breach all the more unacceptable. If you suspect that your information was exposed in the Connexin data breach, Morgan & Morgan is here to help.