- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Commercial Truck Laws
- Commercial Truck Laws in California
- What is the Average Truck Accident Settlement?
- How Are Big Truck Accident Settlements Calculated?
- Are Semi Truck Accident Settlement Calculators Accurate?
- What to Expect During Your Truck Accident Claim
- Semi Truck Accident Claims: What You Need To Know
- How to Hire the Best Truck Accident Lawyer
- Do I Need A Lawyer After A Semi-Truck Accident?
- What Are Some Signs That You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer?
Average Truck Accident Settlements
Plain and simple: tractor-trailers on the road are intimidating. The massiveness of an eighteen-wheeler driving next to you can cause anyone to have an instinctual fear, perhaps making you want to move into the next lane or speed past them. So, imagine this truck, weighing 20-30 times more than the average car, driven by a negligent driver. Commercial drivers work every day, and one tired or lackadaisical slip-up can change someone else’s life: it’s unfair and unbelievably dangerous. The damages are so vast that it’s completely different from the average auto accident.
What Causes a Truck Accident
Truck drivers are driving a vehicle that’s ten times (or more) bigger than the average car, carrying hazardous materials—sometimes even containing gas that can cause an explosion on impact. Since these trucks are so large and heavy, it requires much-needed skill and concentration to avoid accidents. Due to this, there are regulations on how long a truck driver is supposed to work each day so they are not overworked. However, some companies neglect these rules, causing a quarter of drivers to fall asleep or feel overworked behind the wheel. It all comes down to the negligent parties—either the driver, or the company that is ignoring regulations and/or improperly loading or maintaining trucks, which can cause equipment failure. But, although most companies spend thousands of dollars on insurance, it’s hard to receive the compensation you deserve—and that’s where we come in.
If you or a loved one have suffered from a tractor-trailer accident, we can only imagine how hard it's been—but at Morgan & Morgan, we certainly know the steps to win your case. With over 30 years of experience, we have the results that send fear into the hearts of insurance companies: we have already won over $13 billion for our clients across all fields of law.
Get your free consultation so we can help you get your life back on track.
How Much Can I Receive for My Truck Accident?
Since truck accidents are complicated and there are many factors, it’s hard to pinpoint an average settlement amount. However, in the past, our cases have been wildly successful. To mention a few out of many, here are the following:
- After the loss of their father in a truck-on-truck collision, the family was compensated with a $1.4 million settlement.
- When one of our clients was involved in an accident with a semi-truck, we achieved a $6 million settlement, helping him pay for his medical expenses and more.
- We fought for a family’s loss, landing on a $3 million settlement after their 16-year-old son was hit by a truck on his walk to school.
The compensation will cover you or your loved one’s current and future medical bills, loss of wages or capability of earning wages, and pain and suffering, as well as mental anguish and wrongful death.
Trucking accidents are beyond difficult, to say the least—not only mentally, emotionally, and physically but also the stress that comes with dealing with negligent third parties and their insurance companies during an often exacerbating legal process. But at Morgan and Morgan, we won’t settle for their lowball offers. Instead, we will fight for the compensation you and your family deserve. We also won’t add to the stress by charging a fee: we work on contingency so we only get paid if you win.
Call Morgan & Morgan at 877.667.426 or request a free case evaluation online so we can start analyzing your case and determine your settlement.