- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Premises Liability and Slip & Fall Lawyers
- Medical Malpractice & Negligence Lawyers
- Find Legal Advice for a Personal Injury Involving a Slip and Fall
- What Qualifies as an Elevator Dispute?
- What Are Some Examples of Elevator Negligence Cases?
- How Much Does It Cost for a Slip and Fall Attorney?
- What to Do After a Swimming Pool Accident
- How to Sue a Fast Food Company
- What Should I Do After an Amusement Park Accident?
- What Should I Do if I Was Hit by a Loose Article at an Amusement Park?
- What Is the Settlement Process for Amusement Park Accidents?
- What Is the CPAP Machine Lawsuit Process?
- How to File a Lawsuit for a CPAP Machine
- What Are Some Examples of Obscure Premises Liability?
- Grocery Store Injuries: What Do I Need to Know?
- How Should I Handle Getting Hurt in a Department Store?
- What Damages Can I Receive in Premises Liability Cases?
- What Are Some Examples of Common Slip and Fall Accidents in the Spring?
- Where Can I Find Answers for My Amusement Park Accident Questions?
- What Is the Process for Settlement Checks in Premises Liability Cases?
- What Are Some Examples of Product Liability Cases?
- Walmart Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Hotel Pool Accident Lawyers
- Elevator Injury Lawyers
- Gym Accident Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Accidents: What to Watch Out for This Winter
- Should I Hire an Attorney After a Slip and Fall Accident in an Airport?
- Can an Airport Accident Lawyer Help Me?
- Where Can I Find the Best Supermarket Slip and Fall Attorneys?
- Who Should I Contact if I Get Into an Amusement Park Accident?
- When Should I Contact a Slip and Fall Attorney?
- What Should I Do If I'm Injured in a Store?
- What Should I Do if I Get Hurt on a Construction Site?
- How Long After a Slip and Fall Can You Sue?
- 2020 Slip & Fall Cases
Slip & Fall Liability Claims
When most of us visit someone else's property, we expect to feel safe and to be safe. Fortunately, in most situations, that ends up being true. In some cases, however, it isn’t. Sometimes, we visit someone else’s property, and through no fault of our own, we slip and fall and suffer an injury. Sometimes, those injuries can be severe and can leave the victim in need of ongoing medical treatment. If you find yourself in this situation, you may be wondering if you are entitled to seek compensation for your injuries. At Morgan and Morgan, we're here to help.
How Does a Slip & Fall Claim Work?
What should you know about Slip & Fall liability claims?
First, it’s important to understand that you will need to be able to prove that another person—most often the property owner—was responsible for your injuries. After all, sometimes, accidents happen, and they aren’t always anyone’s fault. In other cases though, accidents happen because of another person’s negligence.
Being “negligent” simply means that a person failed to act as a reasonable person normally would, given the circumstances. Typically, in Slip & Fall cases, there are two ways negligence can be established:
- The property owner should have recognized a dangerous condition (a pothole, an icy sidewalk, or another obviously hazardous spot) and failed to remedy or repair the danger; or
- The property owner (or their employee) actually caused the dangerous condition. An example of this might be when a store owner leaves a hazardous obstacle in a walkway that might cause a customer to trip and fall.
What Could I Recover in a Slip & Fall Case?
When you file a claim, you will essentially need to prove that the property owner knew or should have known of the hazardous condition, that the owner did not take reasonable steps to protect you from harm, and that because of the owner’s negligence, you were injured.
If you can successfully bring a claim, you may be entitled to a variety of damages, including:
- Payment for past, present, and future medical expenses;
- Compensation for lost wages;
- Damages for pain and suffering;
- And more, depending upon your circumstances.
Certainly, hiring an attorney who knows and understands the law will be important to help ensure that you have the best chance of recovering the compensation you deserve. That’s why you should call Morgan and Morgan today.
Morgan and Morgan—We’ll Fight for You
If you’re the victim of a Slip & Fall accident, you might be in pain. You might feel overwhelmed. You might be worried about how you’ll continue to pay your bills and provide for your family, especially if your injury has rendered you unable to work. All of those feelings are understandable—but the good news is, you can replace those feelings with other ones.
Instead of feeling overwhelmed, you can feel confidence, optimism, and hope for a better and brighter chapter ahead after you recover from your injury. At Morgan and Morgan, we’re here to help you get there.
You deserve to focus on your rest and recovery, while we focus on fighting for you. Our talented, dedicated team of Slip & Fall attorneys knows the best legal strategies to pursue maximum recovery on your behalf—and we have years of experience putting those strategies into practice.
At Morgan and Morgan, when we say we’re for the People, we truly mean it. We treat every client like family, and we give every client our very best effort. You deserve nothing less. We would be honored to fight for you, and we’re ready to get started. Get in touch with us today for a free, no-risk case evaluation. We look forward to helping you soon.