Birth Injury Attorney
Contact us today

Unpaid Overtime Wages Lawyers

Unpaid Overtime Wages Lawyers

five stars
1117 reviews
Contact us today
  • $13 Billion+ Won
  • 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
  • The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
  • America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
  • Protecting Families Since 1988
Unpaid Overtime Wages Lawyers

If you’re looking to report a wage and hour violation, you should speak with an attorney first. If there’s something going on at your job that you think is illegal, reporting the violation to the government is only one of the steps you can take to make sure you’re being properly paid for your work. With the help of our attorneys, you may also be able to sue your employer and recover compensation for the wages you rightfully earned.

To learn more about your rights and how we can help you report an overtime violation, get in touch with Morgan & Morgan today.

How Do I Report an Overtime Violation?

Workers who suspect they were illegally denied overtime pay can report their employers to the Department of Labor (DOL). The DOL is the federal agency responsible for enforcing wage and hour regulations and investigating complaints from workers who suspect their employers broke these laws. Furthermore, many states have their own labor boards and local wage and hour offices that may be able to handle complaints from workers who believe they were wrongfully denied overtime wages.

When reporting an overtime violation to the DOL, you must submit information including:

  • The type of work performed
  • How and when you were paid
  • Any applicable documents, such as pay stubs, personal records of hours worked, etc.

If the DOL reviews your claim and suspects an overtime violation occurred, the agency may launch an investigation and, depending on its results, demand that your employer pay you back wages. Most often, the DOL resolves overtime disputes administratively; however, the agency also has the authority to file lawsuits on behalf of employees if their employers do not comply with its requests.

Why Do I Need a Lawyer?

A Lawyer Can Help You File a Lawsuit

Reporting an overtime violation to the DOL is just one of the steps you can take to recover compensation for your unpaid wages. Even if you do a report a violation, this does not necessarily mean that the DOL will investigate your claim, question your employer or even take any corrective action on your behalf. Therefore, it’s important to contact an attorney who can make sure you retain your right to sue and recover proper compensation for the overtime you’ve worked. It’s important to note that workers are not required to report overtime violations to the DOL prior to filing private lawsuits. Therefore, if you suspect your employer has been illegally denying you overtime pay, you do not need to consult with the DOL before filing a lawsuit with your own attorney.

A Lawyer Can Protect You Against Retaliation

An attorney can help make sure your legal rights are protected as you seek compensation for your unpaid wages. Under Florida state law, for instance, employees have the right to:

  • File a complaint about an employer’s suspected noncompliance with wage and hour laws
  • Inform any person about an employer’s suspected noncompliance with wage and hour laws
  • Inform any person of his or her potential rights and to assist him or her in asserting such rights

Employers are prohibited by law from retaliating against employees who exercise their legal rights. Therefore, if you were fired, demoted or otherwise retaliated against, you may be able to file a separate lawsuit against your employer to seek additional compensation and job reinstatement.

Free Case Evaluation
Tell us about your situation so we can get started fighting for you. We tailor each case to meet our clients' needs.

By submitting you agree to our Terms & Privacy Policy.


Unpaid Overtime Wages Lawyers FAQs

  • What Happens If I File a Lawsuit?

    If you choose to file a lawsuit with the help of Morgan & Morgan, our lawyers will first draft a complaint (a legal document outlining the laws your employer allegedly broke and the compensation you are seeking) and file it in court on your behalf.

    At any point, your employer may attempt to settle your lawsuit outside of court. In these cases, our lawyers will review any proposed settlement offers and negotiate their terms to help ensure the deal meets your needs. If we cannot reach an agreement, we may take your case to trial and represent you in court, where a judge or jury will decide whether your employer broke the law and how much compensation you should receive, if any.

    If you were denied overtime pay, get in touch with Morgan & Morgan today to learn more about your legal options and to find out if you have a case.

Hear From Our Clients

We’ve helped over 300,000 families.
See what they have to say.

Marlon B.
Auto Accident
5 stars

Our Personal Injury Lawyers
Have Over 28,000
5-Star Google Logo Reviews

Unbelievably organized, responsive and probably the most effective process-oriented group of people I've ever seen. Their preparation for mediation and trial is beyond comprehensive. Across two cases and 3 years, not once did anything fall between the cracks. Everyone I came into contact with exemplifies professionalism; they quickly resolved insurance issues and spent time educating me about everything affecting my cases.
Georgia J.
General Injury
It has been an amazing experience with your law firm. I will be happy to refer any of my family and friends to your law firm. I am very thankful to Sabrina Thornburg and Andrew Felix for everything that they have done on my case. Sabrina kept in touch with me to let me know how everything was going and I am very happy with the service that she and Andrew provided. Your slogan really is true, you are for the people. Thank you.
Antonia C.
Slip and Fall
I was very happy with the communication between the legal counsel and myself. If I had any questions I could leave it if not directly and I would have an answer within 24 hours by either email or a courtesy phone call. Also, the quick resolution of the matter was something I appreciate very much. Needless to say the result was more than expected.
Todd E.
Homeowners Insurance
I originally hired a different law firm after being involved in a multi-car accident on the interstate, but after a few conversations, arguments, and showing me other cases were more important than mine, I called and hired Morgan & Morgan! That was one of the best decisions I've made as an adult! Not only have they been in contact with me, but they listened and found mistakes in the crash report that the officer didn't want to admit to! I'm beyond thankful!
See More

The Fee is FreeTM Only Pay If We Win.


Free case evaluation icon

Submit a Free Case Evaluation

You can find out if you qualify immediately.


Incoming icon

Get a Call From Us

Our specialists will walk you through your case and collect all the right information to win your case.


Woman with computer icon

Let Us Get to Work

Our specialized attorneys will handle every step of your case from start to finish. You don’t pay until we win.

Call Us Now

See Our Nationwide Results

We’ve won over $13 Billion for our clients in cases of all types. Let us work hard for you.

Car icon
Car Accident
Medical Malpractice icon
Medical Malpractice
Clock and money icon
Unpaid Overtime
Tobacco icon
Slip & Fall icon
Slip & Fall
Premises Liability icon
Premises Liability
Social Security icon
Social Security
Civil Rights icon
Civil Rights

Let Us Help You.