New Orleans Slip & Falls
New Orleans is a great city for walking around, especially during Mardi Gras. When you stroll around the French Quarter or the Garden District, you shouldn’t have to worry about your safety. If you slip and are injured, that responsibility falls on property owners, not you.
If you sustained a slip and fall injury in New Orleans, we want to hear from you. We are experienced slip and fall attorneys, and we may be able to help you recover compensation for your injuries. Fill out a free case evaluation form to learn more.
Who Can be Held Liable for Slip & Fall Injuries in New Orleans?
In Louisiana, property owners are generally held liable if someone is injured on their property. In order for a property owner to be held liable, though, the injured party must show:
- There was an unreasonably dangerous condition in existence on the property;
- The property owner knew or should have known about the danger; and
- Damages resulted from the dangerous condition.
Slip and fall laws usually only protect invitees, individuals whom the property owner allows onto the property for business or other purposes, or members of the public when the property is open to the public.
The “Attractive Nuisance Doctrine”
Young children injured while trespassing on another’s property may still have the right to receive compensation under the “attractive nuisance doctrine” in the following circumstances:
- The occupier knew, or should have known, that children were likely to be present near the property;
- The occupier knew or should have known that there was a condition on the property that could cause harm to children;
- The cost or burden of alleviating that danger is slight compared to the potential harm; and
- The occupier fails to take reasonable steps to alleviate that danger and an injury resulted.
Contact the Morgan & Morgan Slip & Fall Attorneys in New Orleans
At Morgan & Morgan, we know how difficult life after a slip and fall injury can be and we want to help you recover compensation. No one should have to face in danger while simply walking around New Orleans, and those responsible for your injury should be held accountable. Please fill out our risk-free, no-cost case evaluation form to learn more.
Offices near New York
Current call wait: 6 seconds