Slip And Fall Attorney in New Orleans400 Poydras Street, Suite 1505
New Orleans, LA 70130
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
New Orleans Slip & Falls
New Orleans is a great city for walking around, especially during Mardi Gras. When you stroll around the French Quarter or the Garden District, you shouldn’t have to worry about your safety. If you slip and are injured, that responsibility falls on property owners, not you.
If you sustained a slip and fall injury in New Orleans, we want to hear from you. We are experienced slip and fall attorneys, and we may be able to help you recover compensation for your injuries. Fill out a free case evaluation form to learn more.
Recent verdicts & settlements
Scroll down for more
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Who Can be Held Liable for Slip & Fall Injuries in New Orleans?
In Louisiana, property owners are generally held liable if someone is injured on their property. In order for a property owner to be held liable, though, the injured party must show:
- There was an unreasonably dangerous condition in existence on the property;
- The property owner knew or should have known about the danger; and
- Damages resulted from the dangerous condition.
Slip and fall laws usually only protect invitees, individuals whom the property owner allows onto the property for business or other purposes, or members of the public when the property is open to the public.
The “Attractive Nuisance Doctrine”
Young children injured while trespassing on another’s property may still have the right to receive compensation under the “attractive nuisance doctrine” in the following circumstances:
- The occupier knew, or should have known, that children were likely to be present near the property;
- The occupier knew or should have known that there was a condition on the property that could cause harm to children;
- The cost or burden of alleviating that danger is slight compared to the potential harm; and
- The occupier fails to take reasonable steps to alleviate that danger and an injury resulted.
Contact the Morgan & Morgan Slip & Fall Attorneys in New Orleans
At Morgan & Morgan, we know how difficult life after a slip and fall injury can be and we want to help you recover compensation. No one should have to face in danger while simply walking around New Orleans, and those responsible for your injury should be held accountable. Please fill out our risk-free, no-cost case evaluation form to learn more.
Disclaimer: Cases may be referred to and handled by another law firm as referral counsel.