Discount Store Negligent Security
Families across America rely on Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar, and other discount stores for food, cleaning supplies, cosmetics, and other essentials. Unfortunately, not every shopper has a safe experience: Robberies, assaults, and even killings have taken place at these stores. Tragically, many of these events likely could have been prevented with adequate security.
If a business fails to protect its customers and staff, it may be held liable for any injuries or damages that occur. Therefore, if you were the victim of a robbery, mugging, assault, or other crime while at Dollar Tree or another variety store, you could be entitled to compensation.
When going against a behemoth corporation like Dollar General, it’s essential that you hire a law firm with major resources and a track record of excellence. With more than 700 trial-ready attorneys nationwide and over $9 billion won for our clients, Morgan & Morgan has both.
Fill out a free, no-risk case evaluation to find out if you have a claim. If you do, we’ll fight tirelessly to protect your rights and recover full and fair compensation on your behalf.
What Is Negligent Security?
Property owners have a legal obligation to keep their premises safe and secure. If they don’t and someone gets injured, the victim can file a premises liability lawsuit. Slip and fall injuries are a common example of this.
Negligent security also falls under premises liability law. To keep people safe, corporations like Family Dollar must have sufficient security in place. If they don’t, they can be held liable for damages if someone is attacked, mugged, or otherwise harmed.
What Are Some Potential Examples of Negligent Security?
All stores must take steps to ensure that customers and employees remain safe. Unfortunately, many fall short in their obligation. Examples of negligent security include:
- Failing to hire security guards or understaffing
- Neglecting to implement safety policies and train employees on them
- Refusing to install metal detectors, alarms, and other safety equipment
- Declining to supervise employees
- Foregoing background checks on prospective employees
- Failing to sufficiently light alleyways, parking lots, and other areas surrounding the building
How Can Morgan & Morgan Help?
If you were the victim of a robbery, mugging, assault, or other crime at Dollar Tree or another discount store, we understand that you’re going through a lot. The effects on your health and well-being can be profound and lasting. That’s why we’re here to help.
Morgan & Morgan’s negligent security lawyers have a long history of holding corporations accountable for their security failures. Whereas some law firms lack the size and resources to take on the giants, we’re ready and willing to do whatever it takes. If that means going to court to secure full and fair compensation, that’s what we’ll do. We take more cases to court than any other law firm.
Our attorneys and support staff may take a number of steps in building your case. For example, we might:
- Collect videos, witness statements, photographs, and other evidence
- Examine whether the store has safety measures in place (e.g., surveillance system, security guards)
- Evaluate crime rates in the area and the need for specific safety precautions
- Identify the full scope of your losses (e.g., medical bills, emotional trauma, lost income due to time away from work)
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company
- If the insurance company won’t offer a fair settlement, go to trial and present your case in the strongest terms possible
Contact Morgan & Morgan
If you or someone you love were the victim of an attack or other incident at Dollar Tree or another discount store, contact Morgan & Morgan.
All law firms are not the same. They don’t all have an army of over 700 lawyers collaborating nationwide to get the best results for every client, and they don’t all treat every client like family.
There’s only one Morgan & Morgan. Find out how we can help by scheduling a free, no-obligation case evaluation. It costs nothing to get started, and we get paid only if you win.