What to Expect During Your Truck Accident Claim
Big Rigs. Semi-trailers. Commercial Trucks. Whatever you call them, chances are good that you see them on the road every day. Certainly, these big trucks play an important role in today’s economy. Unfortunately, they can also be dangerous—as anyone who has been involved in a truck accident knows all too well.
If you are the victim of a truck accident that wasn’t your fault, you should know that you have rights under the law, and you are entitled to assert those rights.
A Morgan & Morgan attorney can walk you through the process, step-by-step. As America’s largest personal injury law firm and with 800 attorneys nationwide, we have the resources to take on the insurance companies of large trucks and fight for every penny you deserve.
What Does a Truck Accident Claim Look Like?
Of course, every claim will vary slightly depending upon the unique circumstances of the case. Generally, however, truck accident claims involve:
- Seeking and receiving necessary medical treatment: This should certainly be the first step you take after an accident. Your health and well-being come first. Do not delay seeking the care that you need.
- Finding and hiring a knowledgeable and experienced truck accident attorney: The importance of this step cannot be overstated. Having a Morgan & Morgan attorney on your side who knows and understands the law can make all the difference in your case.
- Gathering necessary evidence to prove negligence and determine the party who is liable for the accident and injuries: In truck accident claims, in particular, there can be many liable parties—not only the driver but also potentially the company owning the truck, the insurer, the company responsible for loading and maintaining the truck, and others. Investigating and determining the responsible parties is a critical part of the case.
- Attempting to negotiate a settlement: Often in these cases, with the right legal team at your side, it is possible to reach a settlement without having to incur the time and expense of going to trial.
- Filing a lawsuit if necessary: In other cases, a settlement cannot be reached for any number of reasons, and it will be necessary to take your case to trial. Morgan & Morgan’s trial-ready attorneys are uniquely equipped to bring your case into the courtroom if necessary.
- Reaching a settlement or going to trial and receiving a verdict: Ultimately, your case will be resolved either through a settlement before trial or in a verdict awarded by the court.
Every claim is different, but depending upon your circumstances, you may be entitled to a variety of damages in varying amounts. You need a legal team on your side to help you fight for everything you deserve. At Morgan & Morgan, we are that team.
Morgan & Morgan—Your Truck Accident Team
If you are the victim of a truck accident, your primary focus and priority should be rest and recovery. You deserve to feel better and to move forward with your life. You don’t deserve to deal with constant stress and worry about how you will pay your bills and provide for your family. You deserve compensation.
At Morgan & Morgan, we’re here to help you fight for that compensation.
Our dedicated and experienced team of truck accident attorneys knows and understands the law. We have years of practice successfully litigating truck accident claims on behalf of clients just like you—clients who had their lives turned upside down by accidents they didn’t cause and didn’t deserve. We know the best legal strategies to pursue on your behalf, and we are committed to keeping you informed and involved in your case each step of the way.
At Morgan & Morgan, we fight for the People, and not the powerful. To us, our clients are family—and we treat them that way. You deserve nothing less.
Contact us today for a free, no-risk case evaluation. We look forward to helping you soon.