- $13 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Charleston, WV Product Liability
When manufacturers rush products to market without putting them through necessary testing to ensure safety, the results can be catastrophic. Unfortunately, when mistakes like this happen because a company prioritized profit over public health, it’s the consumer who suffers the consequences.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective or dangerous product, the experienced personal injury attorneys at Morgan & Morgan may be able to help you receive compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have extensive experience with product liability claims, and we have the resources to build a winning case and take it to trial.
West Virginia law requires you to file a product liability claim within two years of your injury, so it’s important to speak to an attorney as soon as possible. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Types of Product Liability Claims
Product liability claims typically fall under one or more of the following categories:
- Manufacturing Defects: Manufacturing defects occur when a product is made improperly. Rather than having an error at the design stage that makes all the products defective, these products are flawed because of the way the individual product was made. In order to win a manufacturing defect claim, the plaintiff must be able to prove that the product was defectively manufactured and that the defect led directly to their injury.
- Design Defects: Unlike manufacturing defects, design defects occur at the design stage of product development and typically affect all of the products that were produced. In such cases, the entire line of products is defective or dangerous because of a mistake in design or engineering.
- Failure to Warn: If a manufacturer fails to warn the consumer of a risk, or fails to instruct them how to use the product safely, the injured party may be able to sue for failure to warn. For example, if a riding lawn mower product manual did not warn the consumer not to use it on uneven surfaces, and a person was injured when the mower tipped over, they may be able to file a lawsuit for failure to warn.
Types of Damages in Product Liability Cases
Defective products can cause many different types of damage, and your attorney will likely attempt to recover compensation for all past and future damages you suffer. The following are common types of damages in product liability cases:
- Medical expenses, including hospital bills
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of future earning potential
- Funeral expenses (in cases of wrongful death)
Contact Morgan & Morgan Today
Morgan & Morgan’s experienced personal injury lawyers in Charleston know how to build a winning product liability case. As America’s largest personal injury law firm, we are one of the few firms powerful enough to take on corporations and win. As we have for more than 30 years, we will work tirelessly to protect your rights.
Nationwide, Morgan & Morgan has helped our clients recover more than $9 billion for their injuries. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.