Morgan & Morgan’s industry leading data privacy attorneys are investigating DISH Network L.L.C. (“DISH Network”) regarding its recent data breach (which may be referred to as a “data event” or “data security incident”). The DISH Network data breach involved sensitive personally identifiable information that may have been exposed to an unauthorized individual.
We are investigating, among other things, the following:
- how DISH Network acquired the sensitive information;
- whether DISH Network should have had the sensitive information;
- whether and, if so, why DISH Network stored this sensitive information in an Internet-accessible environment;
- whether DISH Network encrypted the sensitive information;
- whether DISH Network deleted sensitive information it no longer had a reasonable need to retain;
- whether DISH Network implemented appropriate and adequate security measures to protect the sensitive information; and
- whether DISH Network has provided affected individuals adequate protection and compensation for any harms they have experienced as a result of the data breach.
On or around May 15, 2023, DISH Network reported that it experienced a cybersecurity incident in which sensitive personally identifiable information stored on its IT systems was extracted. The breach reportedly happened on or around February 23, 2023, and the information accessed included certain employee-related records and personal information. In May 2023, DISH Network sent out data breach notification letters to those who were impacted by the breach.
If you received a data breach notification and would like to discuss with an attorney, we are available at 855.696.0024 or take our free quiz to see if your case qualifies.
We place a significant amount of trust in the companies we choose to share our information with, making the data breach all the more unacceptable. If you suspect that your information was exposed in the DISH Network data breach, Morgan & Morgan is here to help.