Water Park Injuries
Water Park Injury Lawyers
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
With waterslides, wave pools, bumper boats, and other aquatic attractions, water parks can be an absolute blast for the whole family. They’re especially popular in Orlando, Florida, where the top four parks (Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Volcano Bay, and Aquatica) drew more than 7.5 million visitors in 2018. Nationwide, around 1,300 water parks attract tens of millions of people in the U.S. each year.
Unfortunately, because many parks have outdated equipment, inattentive employees, and/or lax safety measures, accidents do happen. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reported 4,200 trips to the emergency room for people who’d sustained waterslide-related injuries at water parks in 2015.
If you were injured in a water park accident, you may be able to recover significant financial compensation. Keep reading to learn how a Morgan & Morgan water park accident lawyer can help.
Morgan & Morgan
Causes of Water Park Accidents
Although most water rides are fun and safe, the sheer size of the attractions, the huge number of riders, and the ubiquitousness of water can be a dangerous combination. Like traditional amusement parks, water parks present a unique set of risks for riders. Some common causes of water park accidents include:
- Lifeguard inattention and/or inexperience
- Inadequate number of lifeguards
- Equipment operator inexperience or lack of training
- Faulty or poorly maintained equipment
Types of Water Park Accidents
Most water park accidents fall into one of the following categories:
- Slip-and-fall (or just fall, e.g., from a ladder)
- Cuts and/or bruising from waterslide
- Machinery malfunction
- Drowning or near-drowning
Water Park Accident Injuries
Though fatalities from water park accidents are rare, they do happen, while non-fatal injuries can be severe, even life-altering. These are some of the most common injuries that occur in these cases:
- Cuts and bruises
- Broken bones
- Broken teeth
- Neck and back injuries
- Tailbone injuries
If you were injured in a water park accident and believe the park’s owner, a lifeguard, an equipment operator, or another party may have been at fault, you might be wondering how to go about proving it. “Negligence” is the legal term for liability or responsibility in an accident. Proving liability generally involves satisfying the following criteria:
- The ride operator owed you a duty of care. They were responsible for operating the attraction in a safe manner, and they failed to do so.
- They breached their duty. The ride operator (or a lifeguard or another party) breached their legal obligation to avoid harming you.
- Their breach caused the accident. The other party’s actions were responsible for the accident, making them legally liable.
- There were losses suffered as a result. The other party’s actions caused you injury (physical or emotional) and/or property damage.
If you were injured in a water park accident, you may be eligible to recover compensation for:
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Physical therapy
- Loss of life’s enjoyment
- Funeral expenses
Speak to a Water Park Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a water park accident, contact the water park accident lawyers at Morgan & Morgan. Our highly skilled attorneys can review the facts of your case to determine liability for your injury and help you collect financial compensation during this difficult time. We work on a contingency fee basis, so there’s no cost to get started, and we get paid only if you win. To learn more, schedule a free case evaluation now.
Hear From Our Clients
We’ve helped over 300,000 families across the United States. See what they have to say.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers
Have Over 55,000
The Fee is FreeTM Only Pay If We Win.
Submit a Free Case Evaluation
You can find out if you qualify immediately.
Get a Call From Us
Our specialists will walk you through your case and collect all the right information to win your case.
Let Us Get to Work
Our specialized attorneys will handle every step of your case from start to finish. You don’t pay until we win.
See Our Nationwide Results
We’ve won over $15 Billion for our clients in cases of all types. Let us work hard for you.