- IVC Blood Clot Filter Lawsuit
- JUUL Addiction Lawyers
- Surgical Stapler Lawsuit
- Effexor Birth Defects Lawsuit
- GM Ignition Switch Recall Lawsuit
- Vaginal Mesh Lawsuit
- Avaulta Mesh Lawsuit
- 3M Bair Hugger Lawsuit
- X-LITE Guardrail Lawsuit
- Durata Lead Problems
- DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement Lawsuit
- DePuy Hip Implant Recall
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Complications
- Artelon Spacer Problems
- Caldera Medical Mesh Lawsuit
- Breast Implant Lymphoma Lawsuit
- Invega Gynecomastia Lawsuit
- Coloplast Mesh Lawsuit
- Zimmer Biomet Hip Replacement Lawsuit
- Medtronic Defibrillator & Pacemaker Heart Device Recall
- Gynecare Vaginal Mesh Withdrawn
- Mirena IUD Information
- Smith and Nephew Hip Liner Recall
- SSRI Lawsuits
- Peter Pan and Great Value Peanut Butter Contamination
- Shoulder Pain Management Pumps
- OtisKnee Replacement Lawsuit
- Bard Mesh Lawsuit
- Wright Conserve Hip Replacement Lawsuit
- Medical Food Generics
- Tyco Lawsuit
- Mario Badescu Lawsuit
- Synthetic Marijuana Lawsuits
- Zimmer Knee Replacement
- CertainTeed Shingles Lawsuit
- BEHR DeckOver Lawsuit
- Waupaca Elevator Recall Lawsuits
- Sunscreen Recall Lawsuit | Benzene Lawsuit
- What Are the Criteria for a Talcum Powder Lawsuit?
- What Should I Do if My 3M Earplugs Don't Work?
- The Boppy Pillow Recall Lawsuit
- One-Wheel Skateboard Lawsuit
- Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit
- Talcum Powder Lawsuit
- 3M Earplug Lawsuit
- What Does Product Liability Mean to Me?
- Baby Formula NEC Lawsuit
- Baby Formula Enfamil Lawsuit
- Hernia Mesh Lawsuits
- Monster Energy Lawsuit
- Sunscreen Recall Lawsuit | Benzene Lawsuit
- Takata Airbag Recall
- Philips CPAP & Sleep Apnea Machine Lawsuit
- Stryker Hip Replacement Recall Lawsuit
- CertainTeed Shingles Lawsuit
- Types of Torts | Mass Tort Information
- Johnson & Johnson Class Action Lawsuit
- Does Taxotere Cause Hair Loss?
- Mini Cooper Timing Chain Recall: What You Need to Know
- Where Can I Find Support for My Mass Tort Case?
- Do I need an Attorney for My Roundup Claim?
- What Is the Latest News on Johnson & Johnson's Talcum Powder Lawsuit?
- What Is the CPAP Machine Lawsuit Process?
- How to File a Lawsuit for a CPAP Machine
- Are ResMed CPAP Machines Being Recalled?
- Is There a Class Action Lawsuit Against Phillips CPAP Machines?
- When Should I Sue for Product Liability?
- What Are Some Signs That You Have a Product Liability Case?
- Does Talcum Powder Cause Ovarian Cancer?
- Can You Sue a Birth Control Company After Getting Pregnant?
- Can Lithium Batteries Explode?
- What Is the Average Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder Settlement?
- What Types of Cancers Can Be Caused by RoundUp?
- What Does "Tort Law" Mean in the Legal Industry?
- Where Can I Find Lawyers Who Handle Mass Tort Issues?
- What Do I Need to Know About Popcorn Lung Disease Litigation?
- Abbott Baby Formula Recall
- Where Can I Find the Best One-Wheel Skateboard Accident Lawyer?
- Popcorn Lung Disease Lawsuits
- Toxic Baby Formula Lawsuit
Baby Formula Similac Lawsuit
Prematurely born children usually require extra care in their first few weeks to ensure that they are growing and developing correctly. Many doctors and medical professionals have recommended that these children be given baby formula products, as it offers many nutritional benefits for babies who can’t breastfeed. However, recent evidence has shown that two popular baby formula brands, Enfamil and Similac, aren’t as safe as doctors had previously thought. According to the study, the cow-milk formula products made by Enfamil and Similac cause an increased risk of necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC), a dangerous digestive disease that’s potentially life-threatening for a newborn baby.
To make matters worse, the manufacturer of Enfamil, Mead Johnson & Co, and the manufacturer of Similac, Abbott Laboratories, have yet to include the risk of digestive disease on the warning label of their product. Instead, their negligence has caused parents to unknowingly purchase and administer a toxic product to their children. No family should lose their child to a product that was recommended by a medical professional or can be found on store shelves. Together, we can fight to hold these negligent manufacturers accountable for their injustice and make the world a safer place for all consumers.
At Morgan & Morgan, we take the injustices of these manufacturers seriously. If your child developed health concerns as a result of the baby formula that they were fed in a hospital setting, our attorneys can help you pursue the compensation you’re entitled to. Complete a free, no-risk case evaluation to get started.
What Is Necrotizing Enterocolitis?
Necrotizing enterocolitis, otherwise known as NEC, is a digestive disease that primarily affects prematurely born babies. Once someone is diagnosed with the disease, it begins to destroy intestinal tissue until holes form and increase the risk of infections, such as sepsis. Infants who contract minor cases of NEC will recover from the condition without any lasting effects, but some cases have been found to cause digestive problems well into adulthood. In more serious cases, the infant will need to undergo surgery to repair the damaged tissue, which is an invasive process that’s difficult for parents to stomach. Unfortunately, severe cases can also result in death, which is especially unsettling when you consider that the infant didn’t ingest the toxic baby formula product on their own.
Is Similac Dangerous For Children?
In short, yes. Similac’s bovine-based baby formula products were found to increase the risk of NEC for prematurely born children. However, the link between cow-milk based formula and NEC isn’t new, as many scientists have warned doctors about the dangers in the past. One study found that infants who rely on formula are six to ten times more likely to develop NEC compared to infants who are fed breast milk, which is alarming considering these products have been recommended by hospitals and medical professionals for years.
Is There a Toxic Baby Formula Lawsuit?
Parents have brought a lawsuit against the manufacturers of Enfamil and Similac due to their failure to accurately disclose the side effects of their products. If they had acted ethically, every bottle of Similac’s cow-based baby formula would clearly display the risk of digestive disease and parents could make educated decisions on what to feed their children. Unfortunately, their negligence has caused infants to lose their lives before they even had a chance to live, which is nothing short of a heinous crime.
Our NEC lawyers stand with the victims of this tragedy. No one should have to jeopardize their wellbeing from a product they found on store shelves, especially when it’s an infant child who didn’t consume the toxic product themselves. You don’t have to stand for their injustice; Morgan & Morgan can help you hold them accountable.
Contact Morgan & Morgan
In the most difficult moments of your life, Morgan & Morgan has your back. Dangerous and defective products enter the market every year, but that doesn’t mean we have to stand for this kind of behavior. By taking legal action, the parents whose children were harmed by the toxic product can seek to recover the damages they sustained and make the manufacturer answer for their injustice. Our NEC lawyers are on your side, and they’ll use their experience, knowledge, and resources to ensure that you’re fully compensated for the harm you’ve endured.
If your child developed NEC as a result of baby formula use, you could be eligible for this NEC lawsuit. Complete a free, no-obligation case evaluation to see if you qualify.