- Car Accident Lawyer & Auto Injury Attorneys
- Commercial Semi Truck Accident Lawyers
- Medical Malpractice & Negligence Lawyers
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Commercial Truck Laws
- Commercial Truck Laws in California
- What is the Average Truck Accident Settlement?
- Are Semi Truck Accident Settlement Calculators Accurate?
- What Is The Average Commercial Truck Accident Settlement?
- What to Expect During Your Truck Accident Claim
- Semi Truck Accident Claims: What You Need To Know
- How to Hire the Best Truck Accident Lawyer
- Do I Need A Lawyer After A Semi-Truck Accident?
- What Are Some Signs That You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer?
Truck Accident Settlements
If you’ve been in a car accident, you know how frightening it can be. Big truck accidents are even worse; the sheer size, weight, and velocity of these vehicles make them dangerous if they’re not handled properly. It only takes one negligent truck driver to cause a crash with life-altering consequences, including trauma, debilitating injuries, and staggering medical bills.
Have you recently been in a crash with a big truck? We understand how terrifying and painful these accidents can be, but the attorneys at Morgan & Morgan can help. As America’s largest injury law firm, we are experts in taking on big insurance and trucking companies to fight for the compensation you deserve—all without ever charging out-of-pocket legal fees.
If you are a big truck accident victim, you may wonder how settlements are determined in cases where negligence is involved. The calculation comes down to two factors: first, the court must decide who is liable for the accident; second, the award is determined by totaling all the damages that occurred as a result of the crash.
How Do Courts Decide Liability?
In big truck accidents, liability can extend beyond just the driver. The trucking company, leasing company, and parts’ manufacturer could all be held liable if their negligence played a role in the crash. A court will examine all factors that could determine liability, including:
- Driver error;
- Operating the vehicle while intoxicated or over-tired;
- Parts or equipment failure;
- Poor maintenance of trucks or trailers;
- Improperly loaded cargo;
Morgan & Morgan Awards
Hiring an attorney is an essential part of receiving full and fair compensation. While not true of every big truck accident case, the following awards and settlements, show how Morgan & Morgan can help clients fight for justice and win:
- Severe injury $8,000,000
- Traumatic brain injury $4,999,717
- Permanent injury $3,500,000
- Neck & ear injury $1,250,000
- Neck injury $1,006,596
- Neck injury $750,000
How Are Big Truck Settlements Calculated?
If you’ve been in an accident with a big truck, don’t go it alone. Morgan & Morgan will fight hard to recover your full insurance claim and all the compensation you deserve. The total amount of your award will include all the damages that occurred from the accident, such as:
- Medical expenses: If negligence is proved, the court could award compensation to cover all past, present, and future medical bills associated with the injuries you received in the crash.
- Lost wages: It can take a long time to recover from a major accident. If you are unable to work, you may be awarded compensation to cover wages lost during your recovery.
- Lost earning capacity: For some accident victims, serious injuries make returning to their former job impossible. If this is the case, compensation could be awarded for future lost earning potential.
- Pain and suffering: The injuries that come from big truck accidents can cause lifelong consequences, including extended periods of recovery and chronic pain. Courts will often factor this into their awards.
- Mental anguish: Victims of large truck accidents can experience grief, terror, and trauma long after the accident is over. Courts will often award compensation to cover the victim’s mental and emotional injuries.
- Wrongful death: Unfortunately, big truck accidents are often lethal. If negligence was involved, a wrongful death award could be added to the victim’s compensation.
- Punitive damages: In cases where a court finds gross negligence or criminal behavior, punitive damages may be added to punish the behavior and discourage future incidents.
Contact Morgan & Morgan
Accidents involving big trucks are among the most devastating on the road. If you are a truck accident victim, contact Morgan & Morgan. We have over 30 years of experience and an army of 800 lawyers and 3,000 team members ready to fight every step of the way on your behalf.
If you’re worried about money, don’t be. We take all of our cases on a contingency basis; this means your consultation is free and you never pay a dime out-of-pocket. In fact, there is never a fee at all unless we win your case.
To find out more, fill out our free, no-obligation case evaluation form and a lawyer will be in touch. We fight for the People, not the powerful—contact us today and find out how.