Environmental Property Damage Claims
Environmental disasters like nuclear meltdowns or oil spills can disrupt the lives of millions of people at the same time. They can cause severe health problems and create costly economic damage for those victims left to deal with the aftermath.
At Morgan & Morgan, we understand how difficult it can be to navigate life after a disastrous event. Instead of battling with insurance companies, you and your loved ones should be focused on recovering from your possible injuries and returning to a normal life. Unfortunately, in disastrous cases like these, many people are not allotted that luxury. That’s where we come in.
For over 30 years, our law firm has been dedicated to helping victims of environmental property damage fight back against insurance companies to hold those parties accountable for the damages they’ve caused. With a proven track record and over 10 billion won for our clients, contact us and see why millions trust Morgan & Morgan.
What Is Environmental Property Damage?
People often hear the term “environmental property damage” and assume it’s caused by natural disasters such as hurricanes, floods, or even earthquakes. While those are natural disasters and can actually cause environmental property damage, it’s not exactly the right idea. Environmental property damage occurs when toxins or pollutants that have been improperly discarded find their way into local communities or homes from either improper disposal or a natural event, like a hurricane or flood. Damages may include but are not limited to oil spills or chemical toxins seeped into local bodies of water, air pollutants from power plants, groundwater contamination, or soil contamination. These damages can cause severe or even life-threatening consequences for anyone who is exposed to them for any period of time.
Are you or someone you know a victim of environmental property damage? If so, we may be able to help you get the justice you deserve.
Can I Receive Compensation?
At Morgan & Morgan, we know how difficult life can be after the unthinkable happens. Not only are victims often left to cope with their new reality, but they often take on the financial burden that comes along with environmental property damage. This is why, when you hire one of our attorneys, they’ll fight tirelessly to ensure you receive the full and fair compensation you deserve in order to get back to a normal life.
While every case varies depending on the extent of your damages and the specifics of your case, it is possible for you to receive compensation for your case. The most common forms of compensation our clients receive for their property damage cases include, but are not limited to the following:
- Loss of consortium: If you are unable to maintain the same relationship you had with your loved one or the unthinkable happens, you may be entitled to compensation for loss of companionship.
- Wrongful death: This may help ease the financial burdens associated with the loss of a loved one. The compensation awarded here is designed to cover leftover bills, funeral expenses, as well as the lost income the survivors may have been reliant on.
- Loss of earning capacity: If your injuries are so severe that you can no longer work.
- Lost wages: If you were injured and you had to miss work, had to go to doctor’s appointments, or if you were in the hospital and had to take a significant amount of time off. You could be entitled to compensation for those lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation for pain and suffering is typically calculated based on the extent of the pain and suffering you’ve endured due to your injuries. This could include procedures and treatments that greatly extend past the initial time of you receiving your injury.
- Medical bills: Those who suffered an injury directly associated with property damage may need to receive medical care. This can include and is not limited to tests, treatment, hospital stays, outpatient care, and specialist visits to address any immediate injuries. However, in some instances, medical care may also be required on an ongoing basis to help treat any severe or permanent injuries.
To learn more about your potential compensation, we advise you to fill out our free case review form today.
How Can an Attorney Help?
Hiring an attorney can exponentially increase your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve. If you hire a Morgan & Morgan environmental property damage attorney, they will get straight to work on your case. In order to ensure you have the strongest case possible, they will gather evidence to support your claims by reviewing any documents that may pertain to your case. Your attorney may also reach out to any witnesses or experts to gather as much information as possible to strengthen your claim. With enough evidence collected, your attorney will negotiate with the defendant's attorney outside the courtroom. If negotiations fail, your attorney will be prepared to represent you in court.
Can I Afford an Attorney?
Absolutely. At Morgan & Morgan, we firmly believe that everyone is entitled to fair legal representation, no matter their financial means. This is why our firm works on a contingency basis, meaning it costs you nothing to hire us, and there are no hidden fees or upfront costs. We only get paid if you win, and our payment is only a small fraction of your settlement or verdict and will never come out of your pocket.
Contact Morgan & Morgan
Since 1988, we’ve been fighting for the People, not the powerful. Don’t hesitate to contact our attorneys to help you with your property damage case. At Morgan & Morgan, we have over 700 specialized attorneys and 3000 support staff ready to fight for your full and fair compensation.
Not all law firms are the same. Don’t settle for less than what you are owed; fill out our free case review form today to have one of our property damage attorneys assess your case.