Defective Baby Swing
A baby swing can come in handy in many ways: it can free up your arms, soothe your child, and even rock them to sleep. Unfortunately, not every infant swing is well-designed and built with care.
When baby swings fail, the consequences can be dire. A defective swing might:
- Dislodge and fall to one side because of loose screws in the arm support
- Collapse to the floor due to a defective frame
- Pose a strangulation hazard if the harness is not secure
- Contain sharp edges
- Flip frontward if the seat is too loose
These and other defects can cause injuries ranging from cuts and bruises to broken bones and brain injuries. Tragically, there have been numerous deaths caused by defective baby swings.
If your child was harmed by a defective infant swing, we understand you’re going through a lot. Although our attorneys can’t undo what’s happened, we can help you hold accountable those responsible for your baby’s injury. Our caring and compassionate attorneys will stop at nothing to get the justice you deserve.
Schedule a free, no-risk case evaluation to find out if you have a case.
How Dangerous Are Defective Infant Swings?
The dangers of baby swings are well-publicized. In fact, a study published in Pediatrics showed that 348 infant fatalities were recorded in sitting devices over a 10-year period. (Sitting devices include infant swings, car seats, strollers, and other mechanisms.)
In addition, Consumer Watch notes that:
- An estimated 1,600 baby swing injuries were reported in 2008 alone
- Two deaths were connected to infant swings between 2004 and 2006
- One recalled infant swing model caused a near strangulation and three deaths from entanglement in the shoulder strap
- Multiple swings have been recalled due to safety concerns involving falls, strangulation, entanglement, and other safety hazards
How Can Our Product Liability Lawyers Help?
Corporations are responsible for protecting consumers by detecting and fixing potential safety hazards. They also have a duty to warn the public and take immediate action to alleviate risks. If anyone involved in the design, manufacturing, or marketing of a baby swing failed in their duty, they may be legally liable.
Our knowledgeable attorneys can investigate the circumstance surrounding your child’s injury and identify whether product liability applies. If so, we’ll fight to hold the wrongdoer accountable and secure justice for you.
Contact Morgan & Morgan
Our attorneys know product liability laws inside and out, and can protect your rights if your child was injured. As America’s largest plaintiffs’ law firm, we have the resources to take on virtually any negligent party.
What’s more, our lawyers work on contingency, meaning it costs nothing to hire us and we don’t get paid unless you win. Schedule a free, no-risk case evaluation today to get started.
All law firms are not the same. There’s only one Morgan & Morgan.